M6 Toll Warning

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have just received a letter informing me that despite attempting to pay when I used the toll in July I managed to drive through without payment being taken. It turns out that the barrier will rise even though you have not paid if you get too close. You still have to wait for a green light before driving off.

I had to get close to the barrier in order to reach the card reader, the barrier lifted but I obviously failed to see the red light was still on. Only cost me an extra £2.50 but thought I would just let people know of the flaw in their system. Roll on the day when they use ANPR like the Dartford crossing over the Thames.

And I have just realised that I have paid them 10p too much. Shame they will have to spend money refunding me.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I nearly got stuck behind someone at the main northbound toll booth yesterday,
He had his boot lid up rummaging through bags for I assume his wallet.
A time prior to that a woman tried 3 different cards which were not accepted, a queue of cars behind her.
Next minute she at side of her car on her phone to someone.
I always press for a receipt.
Anyway it shows up on bank statements within a couple of days. That proves payment.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I nearly got stuck behind someone at the main northbound toll booth yesterday,
He had his boot lid up rummaging through bags for I assume his wallet.
A time prior to that a woman tried 3 different cards which were not accepted, a queue of cars behind her.
Next minute she at side of her car on her phone to someone.
I always press for a receipt.
Anyway it shows up on bank statements within a couple of days. That proves payment.
Learned that lesson.