M4 Severn crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxlion1

Today I needed to go to Crosskeys near Newport.

Being stupid, I used the seven crossing on the M4, cost my 4.50 one way.(robbing bas*%@ds)[:(!]

Don't get me wrong its a very impressive structure, needless to say I came back via the M50, ITS FREE.

Its the same as the two tunnels to Liverpool, We'll never stop paying!

So where does our road tax go? Something like 40 billion taken in road tax last year, but only 7 billion spent on the roads!!!

Spooky man [?] *RIP OFF BRITAIN*

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

Triturus

If you want to go over a spectacular bridge, try the Sunshine Skyway on Tampa Bay, best $ I spent over there, (apart from the one coming back over it)

Neil

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wayne, only you would drive straight past the M50 to go to the M4 crossing. More money than sense obviously, and why didn't you call in if you were in our neck of the woods?

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues UK

waxlion1

Geoff

I had things to do I'm afraid and two kids to get home to, or I would have popped in for a cup of tea and a chat, anyway I've no idea where you live in deepest darkest South Wales, is it anywhere near Newport?

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

Del-J

' Victor '
Wayne, unless they have changed things lately you only pay one way on the Seven bridge and that is going in to Wales. [V][V][V]

Why oh why they have the nerve to CHARGE people to go into Wales is beyond reason IMHO. [}:)][:p][:D]

Perhaps the Cultural Attach to Wales (Geoff) can tell us.[:p]

Datafile4.asp

aka
Datafile4.asp

I DO believe it.

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by Del-J

Why oh why they have the nerve to CHARGE people to go into Wales is beyond reason

I think it's because we're stupid enough to pay it. Anyway, I'd happily pay the 4.50 to see GeoffP. Actually they could raise it to a tenner and I'd still pay it to see Geoff's smiling face!!!![:D][;)][}:)]

pjroberts31

Waxy,

Like Geoff said, its only you that would go the long way round.

Talking about RIP OFF BRITAIN, is something that is only ever spoke about, no one ever wants to do anything about it.

Alright I hear you saying what about the farmers and the wagon drivers, closing down the petrol terminals a couple of years ago.
They were a very small minority that, at first we all supported but once the government spin doctors got to have there say, i.e. Emergency services would be crippled, hospital's closing wards because they wouldn't be able to staff them and so on. It worked because we British can't see beyond our own noses.

Something needs doing about the state of this country, we are supposed to be one of the top nations in the world, but in my opinion (which doesn't count for much) we are fast becoming closer to the third world country's more than we could ever imagine.

I'm somebody who is rubbish at putting what I want to say in to words, but I'm sure there is someone on here that could, start the ball rolling. We could start an awareness campaign to show the people of this country how much we are being RIPPED OFF

PJR31.... wave.gif

Lid

There's a toll bridge over the Thames near Eynsham in Oxford which is 5p for a car!! Used to be 2p for years.

Lid [:)]

Del-J

' Victor '
quote:Originally posted by beebs

I think it's because we're stupid enough to pay it. Anyway, I'd happily pay the 4.50 to see GeoffP. Actually they could raise it to a tenner and I'd still pay it to see Geoff's smiling face!!!![:D][;)][}:)]

Steve thing is Geoff is usually back this side of the border fishing somewhere.[:p][:D][:D][:D]

Mind you I have to agree with you.

About Geoff that is.[:)]

Datafile4.asp

aka
Datafile4.asp

I DO believe it.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ah, but Neil, you wouldn't see my smiling face there. You might well see it in Hastings in 2 weeks time.

And Beebs, are you still coming home for a dangle at Hazel Court next week?

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues

Beebs

Geoff, I will be in Wales that weekend but as it's a family visit I can't get the day off for fishing. I was planning on popping in to visit on the Sunday though.

I have a date with Joe32 at Willow Park on the Saturday so I'll probably be heading down to Swansea after that. I'll find Hazel Court easy enough and when I get there I'll look out for the Captain Birds Eye look-a-like!![;)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.