m1tackle on ebay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Warning!!

Now this isnt me just trying to be malicious to these but I think I should warn you all of their motives!

I was looking on ebay for a new landing net pole and came accross this one please look: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330408940076

It just so happened that I was on the Garbolino website at the time looking for a rod holder to buy off NeilG when I get to Lindholme! so I checked the handle to see the rrp!

please see here: http://www.garbolinouk.co.uk/nets-and-handles/handles/454/hd-net-vrx/

The cheeky buggers are advertising it as a clearance sale for 14.99 when the rrp on Garbolino is only 10.99

I sent them an email pointing this out and the message I got back was simply this: The boss likes his profits! lol. m1tackle.

Yes m1tackle you have been named and shamed!

Larry

Lazarus
Well this problem people think because it's on Ebay it cheaper that used to the case when it used ot people clearing the loft out &selling it but no more now their trades&ebays shops on there.I remember when i was getting my carp gear together i bid on a used Fox X pod plus .It finally went for 10.00 more than new one +postage.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Rediculous! I used it the other day to buy some Preston banded hooks as my local tackle shop has run out!
Nice to grab a bargain but your right, now it seems that its gone the other way..

vassago

I have to say I can't see the problem. Do you expect them to sell it at a loss ?

Everyone has to have a margin and some are more than others if you can find it cheaper elsewhere just don't buy from them

codenamemilo

Agree with vassago. They are not doing anything wrong, and if people are happy to pay that price what is the problem?

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
Ummm lads are you not seeing the picture! I feel reluctant to explain!

Garbolino are recommending the retail price as 10.99 ok, now, they will buy from Garbolino at say -25% which becomes their margin if they sell it at 10.99!
For them to advertise is at a clearance special price of 14.99 isn't really fair on the consumer!

Yes I will decide to buy elsewhere but because of which I just explained!

Still disagree?

maggot dangler

thanks for letting us know pm, i will definately stay away from them! building up quite a little list now of retailers not to use. even tho i do usually use my local tackle shop as much as i possibly can (ted carters)

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
I bought off Ted Carters and they have delivered out immediately part of the order... Hope I dont have to wait too long for the rest of it? Sure I wont.

maggot dangler

they have always been really good with me, even tho its only 5 minutes away on extremely lazy days i order from them online, and never had a problem. [:T]

wildy

the easy way to buy off ebay is if you see anytthing off ebay copy and paste it on google see if you can buy it cheaper i have bought most of my stuff off ebay but i alway check prices online first [:D]

antihero

Originally posted by pmdirectuk

I bought off Ted Carters and they have delivered out immediately part of the order... Hope I dont have to wait too long for the rest of it? Sure I wont.

they messed me about with a part order and eventually ended up sending me the rest of the order.....twice [:D]

Back to the OP though...it should always be part of your ebay practices to check prices outside of ebay, even though it's wrong of them to charge so much it should also be down to the consumer to check other sources first!

Status
Not open for further replies.