M,AP Matchtek suit (bib n brace n jacket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchstickman25

Well, Ive had this for six months now, so its time to write it a fair review.

Not a cheap bit of kit at over 100 notes but I was after a quality bit of kit which would last. I tried it on to find it very comfortable and quite light, ideal for summer rain I thought.
Anyway, it got its first soaking a few weeks ago and I got soaked to the skin. Not waterproof. Now the seam in the crotch of the bib n brace is splitting and not going to last much longer. I',m cotemplating contacting MAP to convey my dissapointment. What a waste of money.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I would imagine that your 1st course of action should be to return the suit to where you brought it from, to see if they can resolve this issue for you (as this is who your contract of sale is with).
If they cannot resolve things for you, then you should look to contact MAP.

endpeg

Site Supporter
You should have gone to www.protak.com [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

hemphead2

hemphead2
I looked at that suit.Glad i didn't get it now.Mind you my Maver jacket lets water in a bit as well so not that impressed with that either.Like endpeg says protak is good which is what i had last time.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
Let use know what they say

matchstickman25

ha, ive learned to stitch, lets see how long my handy work lasts. now for the waterproofing!
Couldn't be bothered with the hassle of an hour and a half round trip to the shop where i bought it!

hamstead

protak, protak, protak, every time the best bit of gear I have ever had.

gorstyman

Myself and approx 7 or 8 other lads from our club all purchased the MAP suits and a few including myself bought the bib n brace. These suits are totally waterproof on a sunny dry day. Absolute rubbish when its wet !!!! Advertised as 100% waterproof...b****x

Never ever will I buy any MAP product, neither will any of the 30 lads in our club!

matchstickman25

yeah, you can say that again! got caught in a 20 minute shower today, soaked to the bone again!

Last edited:

stikflote

Site Supporter
gorsty have you and the lads told M A P about your suits? you try a pm to Mike Robinson,im sure he would want to know ,how else can they put things right if you dont tell em. cheers

matchstickman25

Ive stitched the bib n brace and put it in washer for waterproof treatment along with the jacket. will let you know how it goes........

matchstickman25

Well now one of the braces has snapped clean off! I don't believe this....

Status
Not open for further replies.