Lymm Dam

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
There's some big secrets in Lymm Dam, I suspect there's some targetable specimens which I'm planning on trying soon...

It's pretty much free fishing, tickets on the bank but there's never a bailiff to collect, at £5/ticket I must owe Bay Malton 150quid by now.

It's definitely not a match anglers cup'o tea but it's a decent place to just "go out fishing" for the day if you're local, or somewhere to take the little'ns on a fishing adventure:

full
There are still some decent pike in there,
The first peg below there Chuch and casting to dam wall was good, or first peg on Baycliffe side as you go on from Church rd.
If those cats are still in there they must have grown a bit after 30 years, No one targets them.
Also some decent bream in there.
At one time in its heyday it was a brilliant match water.

matti

Site Supporter
Used to fish Lymm dam, years ago with my dad and grandad, some great memories, one that sticks in my mind, was my grandad rolling down the bank towards the water followed by his fishing basket, some how he ended up stood on a semi submerged tree, that had fallen away from the banking, unsurprisingly he fell in, and my dad wouldn't let him in the car for the drive home

tee.bee

Site Supporter
Fished lymm dam last year not what it used to be constant stream of people with crying kids and out of control dogs eating your bait and trashing your gear

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I first fished this water when I came to the north west in the late 90's and had some good bream catches, never caught a Carp though. I then began Pike fishing with lures and spinners after seeing other anglers having some good sport. I found the best areas were on the Church side down along the reeds off the board walk during summer months and the opposite bank in the winter. The day tickets were £5 then. I went back about 4 years ago on a coaching session with a lad who wanted to learn about Pike fishing methods. We both blanked, but the day tickets were still £5 and the place was full of litter, I never went back. Shame, because I liked the place and it was an enjoyable walk around casting out at every accessible area.

Ivan heaphurst

Can you still get a day ticket for Lymm dam?
£5-00 a day or £2-50 if like me you are an OAP. Like the. Post above that is if the bailiff shows up. I dumped the Bay Malton card when they did away with the OAP concession. I was a member pushing twenty odd years before that.