Lymm Dam - I blanked but my 3 year old did good!

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
No luck with any Perch on my ultralights, and couldn't be bothered with any smelly Pike today so I didn't even cast the 10-30g.

So I blanked -
but I took my daughter and her mum today, and they spent the day plucking Roach out with an elasticated whip on corn, first fish!

VVwYVDn.jpg

I guess I owe Bay Malton a few quid now, this is the second day this year with no bailiff around to pay for a ticket! :sneaky:

Last edited:

Tristar

Site Supporter
Great pic, she will remember that fish, as a Dad that's what it's all about, making memories with children fishing.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Did you fish the Church Shallows ? These are the pegs below the church. Some good fish to be had there.
Great pic , start them young . My middle lad learnt on there over 30 years ago,and the Bridgewater Canal in Lymm. Plus Ackers Pit on WAA card.
I used to put junior matches on the Dam when Lymm A.C had it.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Did you fish the Church Shallows ? These are the pegs below the church. Some good fish to be had there.
Great pic , start them young . My middle lad learnt on there over 30 years ago,and the Bridgewater Canal in Lymm. Plus Ackers Pit on WAA card.
I used to put junior matches on the Dam when Lymm A.C had it.

Didn't get near the Church mate, was on the double pegs down towards the wishing well bridge, wasn't too fussed on location because I knew I wouldn't be fishing much with the family with me, rather spending most of the time untangling / unhooking / baiting / teaching and whatnot.

Up coming Fri-Mon booked off :p, thinking about having a proper crack at Lymm Dam Perch for a day.