Lure Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I have got quite a few plugs, spoons and spinners but every time i have gone out with them, i only catch little Pike (and i mean little under a 1lb, to a 1lb if im lucky[:(]) I fish in the lower reaches of the tees where it is quite wide, deep and slow flowing. I know there are big pike up to about 25lb and perch to 4lb but the wont take the lures. Any suggestions/help anyone for Pike and Perch[?]

Tight lines [:D]

Chopper

Yeah, throw the spinners away and chuck out a full mackeral mounted on size 6 trebles [:D]

Big pike are lazy and tend not to dart about chasing things as much as 'jack' pike, perhaps a slower retrievel may tempt a biggy?

Apart from that, no idea. Sorry!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Its a case of keep trying, at this time of year a good guide is slow and deep. Pike will be very loath to move far chasing their prey so you need to put it almost on their nose.

chill out go fishing

Polepot

Poles
Mike,

What Lures are you using, I have used the Shakespear Big S this winter and found that the larger ones attract the larger Pike and the smaller ones tend to attract the smaller pike. In my limited experience Lee is also right the Pike at this time of year tend not to chase the Lure - although they were in October and November

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I have Shakespear Mid S and about another ten different makes around the same sizes. Also Mepps spinners, some Abu spoons and some Bigger Masterline Lures. Slow and deep, have to give it a go hoping to get out soon. Let you know how i get on.
Cheers

Tight lines [:D]

Simon R

Site Supporter
I agree with Poles - the Big S is one of the best plugs ever invented.

The only problem is - it floats!
If you're looking to go 'slow and deep' you'll need a sinking plug, the only patterns that spring to mind are the Rapala Shad Rap and Rattlin' Rap (mainly because I own them)although I'm sure there's plenty of others.

A big spoon would probably be as effective.

Whereabouts were you thinking of trying? Bowesfield or further upstream towards the Yarm water?

Tight Lines

Simon

everyready

this year i have tryed some big orange worms lures about 10 inch long as i was finding it hard to get hits they out fished all other lures i have . and were able to be worked very/very slow just off bottom i think these lures were ment for sea fishing but the fish dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.