Luncheon meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

markomark

Hi all

I thought I read on here somewhere that Aldi luncheon meat was good and cheap.
I went in yesterday to stock up but they told me they don't sell it. Think maybe I was imagining it because I can't find the post now!

Does anyone know if it was Aldi or am I getting confused with Lidl or something?

Incidentally, I have been looking for a wholesaler to really really stock up but can't find one of those either. Any ideas on bulk buying luncheon meat?

Finally, on special at Tesco at the minute (my local one anyway, assume national) is a new Tulip brand luncheon meat. Currently 2 for 2.50 and it is in a plastic, resealable tub. I got a couple to try so will report when I have.

Hope the weekend is going well, mine starts tomorrow [8D]

Mark

tony14

Bacon grill from Lidl mate,just smell the differance 1.19p for a 300 grm tin does the trick.

fishdogmick

catch alot
aldi dont sell it ,best place is a netto ,farmfoods were doing it but theres none in at the moment

shinkicker

i tend to watch what meat i buy now as some has a massive amount of fat in it, i used some cant remember the make now and pushed it through a sieve with the idea of loose feeding some, now this may have been naive lol but when i threw it in, away it floated down the lake to pee my mate off whos swim it went into.

sabre6505

you can get a massive tin (square and its about 8 normal tins) from b&m bargins once cut up its fine. i use some and freeze the rest hope it helps and its only 2.50 per tin

Ivan heaphurst

B & M stores , pound shops, sell a large tin of meat for 89p. Stays on the hook well.

markomark

Thanks for the pointers folks, I must try to track down one of these B&M Stores places. More used to B&H me...

cheers

Mark

Chep

sicknote
Hi all,

I also use Bacon Grill, which seems to do well if you fry it the night before on one side,

anyone else use it?

solderblue

hi all

chep - when u fry the bacon grill how do u stop yorself from eating it !
i use home bargains its cheap and it works

for those in manchester theres 1 in clayton on ashton new road

regards
paul

ukrottie

Nobby
hi mark at the b and m bargin store in market harborough you can buy a 1.8kg tin of celebrity lunchon meat for 2.99 it devides in to 6 tin sized lumps so half the price most

arkon

damb just missed this post [:)] was at my local B & M yesterday and did not think of looking for lunceon meat [:(]

as for bacon grill, yes Chep how do you avoid eating it!!!!

crooky

hi all hope you dont mind new member input i use spam always buy 2tins 1 too fish and 1to eat

markomark

Originally posted by crooky

hi all hope you dont mind new member input i use spam always buy 2tins 1 too fish and 1to eat

Hi mate and welcome. I'm sure I speak for all when I say that of course we don't mind new member input!
Its a bit like fishing here, just relax and enjoy [:D]

regards

Mark

markomark

Hi all

Dunno who saw, but I mentioned a new luncheon meat i found in Tesco. Currently on special at 2 for 2.50 and in a plastic, resealable tub. Tulip brand.
Anyway, used it today so thought I would report.

It's cracking! Not had one that stays on the hook so well before!

I think it is to do with the fact that it is essentially "shelflife" as it isn't tinned but doesn't go in the fridge until opened. I reckon they must blast hell out of it to pasteurise and a side effect is that its really dense and rubbery in consistency. Prob minging to eat but great on the hook!

So there you go, Tulip, 2 for 2.50, Tesco tins aisle

cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.