Luncheon meat or bacon grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

cess monkey

Having used both i cant see much between the two when it comes to attracting fish, i`ve had good catches on both but which do you prefer? [}:)]

cess monkey

There`s allways one!!!! i was refering to your preference as a fishing bait and not what you`d eat yourself.

me

Bacon grill fried on one side works wounders as it pulls all the oils up out of the meat so once it goes in the water the oils are released in to the water.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Personally I've never done much good at all on any of the meat products.

I've tried all the different ones, Bacon Grill, French Garlic, Black pepper, ordinary chopped ham with pork, all the different makes some famous others I've never heard of but never had so much as a sniff on any of them.[:(][:(]

BoldBear

Originally posted by cess monkey

Having used both i cant see much between the two when it comes to attracting fish, i`ve had good catches on both but which do you prefer? [}:)]
I think they are both good but I have been consistantly catching more Barbel using Spicey/Garlic flavoured meat for my Barbel.
Some like it plain but I like it spiced up and so seemingly do the Barbel on my local stream.

rodring

Account Locked
meat for feeding bacon grill on the hook.

uniden300

meat but i cut it up into small chunks then leave it to soak in beetroot juice in freezer for a few days never failed allso do same with strawberry soft hookers leave meat to soak in that for a few days in freezer never failed on these yet

Chep

sicknote
I have used both and catch quite well on both too,

I think you have to go with which one you feel most confident in

I use bacon grill mostly in two ways:

1) as it comes out of the tin fried on one side

2) fried on one side then coverd in madras curry powder

each angler prefers baits over others, I would just say use what you feel confident in using pal

hope this helps

adderton2

The different meats , within reason, don't make much difference to the fish. They don't pass the word that "Someone's Using Tesco Meat Over Here Boys". My choice is whatever hooks best.

batman

Bacon grill is a lot harder and stays on the hook better when you need it to.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
I personally prefer Plumrose Luncheon Meat. It stays on the hook better than most luncheon meat and seems to work for me [:D]

pole addict

Originally posted by supersuperleeds

Was in poundland yesterday and they had plumrose ham and pork - is this different to luncheon meat?

I think it is but I bought 4 tins anyway [:T]

mark bradley

i just bought 6 tins of plumrose chop pork and ham from netto 1 a tin wash it in warm water to get fat of then i cube it works ace.

Morse

Originally posted by mark bradley

i just bought 6 tins of plumrose chop pork and ham from netto 1 a tin wash it in warm water to get fat of then i cube it works ace.
I do a very similar thing but cube mine first and then put it in a maggot riddle and put it under the hot tap for a couple of minutes then leave it to soak in warm water for about 15 minutes and then fridge it over night. I also store it in water when on the bank. This makes sure it all sinks and stays where I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.