Luncheon meat hooking?

Brentfish

Brent
The best way I like to hook it is to use a bait band on a hair and just pull it through job done. You can fish it on the bomb and waggler no probs like this. Or if on the hook just through the side and turn. 2 8mm cubes is my favourite.
Brent

DaveGas

I pull my hook through the meat with a baiting needle then turn the hook 90 degrees pull it gently back into the meat and it traps and hides the hook so no need for bits of grass or quick stops, this is mainly for pole fishing though so unsure if it would withstand a chuck on the waggler or bomb :)

roachman 1960

for float fishing i hook direct on a wide gape hook , for feeder or straight lead i pull a band into it , which also gives you the option of hair rigging a pellet

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Depends what sort of meat. I find large lumps of cat meat difficult to hair rig because they are so soft.

timber

built for comfort
just adding to this ,do you use it straight out of the tin ,or do you prepare it in any way, i have heard of soaking in very hot water to reduce the fat content

The Landlord

Site Supporter
just adding to this ,do you use it straight out of the tin ,or do you prepare it in any way, i have heard of soaking in very hot water to reduce the fat content
Must admit that I'm guilty of using it straight from the tin. Last year though, I watched a video by Jamie Hughes, showing him rinsing it in hot water from a flask about 3 times to remove all the fat. This helps it sink better apparently.

timber

built for comfort
Must admit that I'm guilty of using it straight from the tin. Last year though, I watched a video by Jamie Hughes, showing him rinsing it in hot water from a flask about 3 times to remove all the fat. This helps it sink better apparently.
yes i saw the same video

DaveGas

Normally prepare it at home using a cutter then rinse it in hot/warm water to remove the fat/jelly, I have had some very good results dusting/coating the meat in red groundbait over the years.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Normally prepare it at home using a cutter then rinse it in hot/warm water to remove the fat/jelly, I have had some very good results dusting/coating the meat in red groundbait over the years.
Another that works well, especially on rivers, is to coat the meat with a dusting of All Spice/5 Spice.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Google stay put hair riggers. So simple but the best there is fo hair rigging meat.
Was going to say the same but beaten to it

Stay puts , the spiral screw that you tie on as a hair are a bit like Tina Turner, simply the best, theres not an easier or better way of hair rigging meat