Luncheon meat hooking?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Guys what have you found to be the best way to hook meat?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just let it toughen in the sun a bit then stick it on the hook, usually stays on fine and you just strike through it.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Pellet band just pulled through for small cubes,meat screws or Fox Wing Stops on a hair for medium,piece of dried spaghetti for massive cubes (1/8 - 1/4 of a tin)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hair rigged using a Drennan quick stop if theres no snags. In the margins / up against snags I bury the hook in the meat.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I use lumps on hair rig. But I put a bit of anti tangle tube on the hair and that helps stops the line pulling through the meat.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I used to push the hook or pull the hair loop through and then use a piece of grass or reed as a baitstop to stop it pulling back through.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I always use a baiting needle although I'm always fishing the pole & so don't worry about it flying off on the cast. As others have mentioned....a bit of grass under the bend of the hook or a pellet band pulled inside, also works.

ShaolinOutlaw

Pellet band just pulled through so it expands inside and holds the meat. Never had a problem with it, but tbh either that or hair stop or hooking it you can't go wrong with any of them tbh.