luggage - what's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffc

Hi
I bought cheap luggage when I got back into fishing last year and it's cr*p, brocken zips being the main complaint.

Looking at the fox, daiwa, maver plantinum and the Garbolino G series and would appreciate anybody's experience with these or others?

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ive got the preston hard case range.Good stuff but it is heavy,but then again it protects your stuff.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
I've got a mixture of Fox and TFG and had no issues with any of it. It can be expensive stuff - far better to go to the local tackle shop and get some hands on rather then relying on mail order pictures.

Benji

Account Locked
Matchman GTI absolutely superb, or if you want off the peg, the Maver Platinum range is nicely made.

Anders

The Preston Hardcase Luggage is good,its quite expensive,but it helps to protect valueable poles and rods.

Last edited:

ada

brummie
using diawa tournament luggage for last 4 years(the blue set),longest any luggage has ever lasted me,still as good as new much better than the preston

adzinderbyshire

i had fox elite and didnt like it, the carry straps are uncomfortable although it is fairly robust. i have just got all new maver platinum stuff and it is awesome and very reasonably priced i'd recommend it whole heartedly to anyone. [;)]

floatfisher

Site Supporter
GTI.Best bar none.Top quality, British made and they will make it to your specifications and deliver it to your door. Used it for years. Ring Phil at GTI on 0161 620 2190.

tackle21

got some daiwa luggage for sale in the classifieds on here if you are interested mint condition.same pole holdall that comes with the spectron power my tel no is on the ads if you are interested cheers pat

jeffc

thanks to everyone for your reccomendations, will go to the tackle shop before making my final decision, and I'll have a look at your ad tackle 21

sitattoo

Yeah i agree with ada i've had the daiwa tournament luggage for three years and mines as good as new, a bit on the expensive side but top notch stuff with loads of space

wardwa

Not impressed with Fox Elite - easily damaged - Daiwa Tournament the best by far.

lavo-1

I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the durability of the cheap Shakespeare Quaba 4 tube rod holdall and matching medium carryall. Had them 2 1/2 seasons now with no problems and they look smart in black with discrete silver logo.

They cost me 30 for them both. Bloody bargain if you compare them to the MAP and GTI kit I had before and now have outlasted them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.