lucky charms and rituals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
first off, be honest! i want to know what weird and wonderful things you do because of fishing, good luck charms that you wouldnt go fishing without and rituals you MUST do before every fishing trip. come on guys lets here 'em, this could get very weird lol[:D]

Astounded Coach

I never read about fishing the night before a trip...sounds stupid but its stuck with me since I was akid.
My mate has got one of those troll dolls with all the hair etc stuck to his rear buzzer bar and swears by it!!

strat2

i set up all me kit in the garden rigs and all and then get it all sorted so the next day i can no how to set up and what order and where everythig goes :D

and all me baits done.

my lucky mascot is a squirrel sticker on the back of my box its been on there ever since i was attacked by a squirrel lol

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
I always pour a small libation from my flask into the water to appease the water gods before I start fishing.

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
Only thing I'm funny about is never to get my net ready before I'm ready to cast in.

JOHN_M

I always wear my Daiwa "lucky" hat I bought about 15 years ago !

Sometimes it doesn't work !

Before anybody mentions it, no it wasn't hard to find the right size, (6 1/8)

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I dont have any lucky charms as such but I have one peice of kit that I would break my heart to lose and thats an old bone handled kitchen knife that my granny gave me for a fishing knife when I was a kid. It still has a bend in the blade where I tried to kill an apache that was hiding behind a tree when I was about 9.[:D]

I dont think its a good luck thing either but I dont hear the last of it if I dont kiss Linda and Saffron bye bye before I go regardless of whatever time I leave the house.
I know Im the luckiest guy alive to have them though. No feller was ever loved more.

moe

Never under no circumstances ever..................

...................... go withut my lucky reel.

I have had it for years and even if I know I am not going to use it I take it anyway.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Day one of any fishing session will always be wearing my lucky pants.......

Barberj84

i always use the same discorger even though i have newer ones in my box. I even managed to lose it once (well thought i'd lost it untill my mate said oh is this yours?? bout month later) but found its way back to me

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I always try to have a dump before I leave in the morning! [:D]

But that's more because I'm a tight sod and don't want to waste
my day ticket money 'performing' [:D][:D][:D]

floyd

man of rage
I avoid walking under laders.

Keep out the way of black cats.

Stuff lucky heather in me underwear.

And do my secret fishing dance in the gargen before i leave.

This works a treat as my fishing is always consistant.

I still catch nowt [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

TheHat

I used to have a friend who 'payed' the lake before starting fishing and would always throw a ten pence piece in the water before casting out. He used to say that if he didn't catch anything it was because he hadn't thrown enough in!

I used to have a thing about Rabbits and Pheasants.

The number of carp I would catch was equivalent to the number of Rabbits I'd see on the road on the way to the lake. When I go trout fishing at Bewl Reservoir, the number of trout I'm going to catch equates to the number of Pheasants beside the road leading down to the Lodge.

Needless to say, there has been a distinct lack of both in recent years!..............

Benji

Account Locked
The only ritual I have is putting bait on the hook, never put a hook out without it [:D]

ott

me and charliecarp have a luck scale. you start on zero.camera is -1 luck,landing net -1 luck, any sort of kreel/keepnet -2 luck.etc.you need lucky hats and good omens of various sorts to get a rating of at least 0 or maybe +1.also pre-organising sessions counts heavily against you...

Status
Not open for further replies.