lubrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey20

hey everyone. im new to pole fishing and i have heard i can lubricate my solid pole elastic with dilouted conditioner. do i just add water to this? also how do i apply the lubricant to the elastic.
thanks
[;)]

rick75

i tend not to use any lubs mate good old pond water when your at ur peg just dipp laccy in water every so often or when ur playing a fish, lubs can clogg up inside ur pole tops and be more trouble than its worth.

mouse77

I always use lubricant, it makes a major difference in keeping it smooth which leads to less fish lost.

I use diluted tyre soap that tyre fitters use.

mouse77

Take the bung out and squirt it in holding the Bush towards the floor.

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Its suprising how much muck gets in
the pole sections,
I found a quick and easy way to clean them
out was initially flush out each section
with my garden hose,
any muck remaining use a few small pebbles
dependant on the diameter of the section, fill
the section up with the hose pipe drop some pebbles in
a quick shakeup and flush out job done.

Harry.

poolsfodder

hiya 20,for years ive bin using a fifty/fifty mix of fairy,and hair con.works fine no prob.
the benifits are brill.as the saying goes,oil on rough waters.

adzinderbyshire

i just use neat hair conditioner and pull my elastic out in a small bottle of it to cover it then let go and wipe off any excess around the bush. i then pull the elastic out when submerged under the pond water then thats it ready to go!

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
I use the maver one .As for pond water how can that be a lubricant.For a fiver its a years worth.

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
I use son of a gun, almost exactly the same stuff as the maver/silp lubes but 4 quid for about 5 years worth.

Benji

Account Locked
Preston Slip for me, but in the bigger bottle as the top stays shut and doesnt fill your box with slipperyness as the smaller bottle did [:(]

adzinderbyshire

an above post reminded me, KY jelly is supposed to be an excellent laccy lube. firstly it is water based meaning it will not cause lasting build up or residue in your top kits, secondly it is specifically designed for use with latex and will not perish or damage your latex elastic for obvious reasons. although i recommend you dont buy it along with a cucumber in a local shop or rumours will start flying! [:D]

jus use the pond water cheaper and its happening throughout the day i have always found that using washing up liquid Etc it sticks to my elastic and ends up in the fishery water and you get bubbles floating around so i dont bother with it

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Any of the purpose made products that are labelled as eco friendly, ie that are bio degradeable? (aside from the pond water that is). I'd not be happy to put conditioner in a pond, it would worry me that it could have a surprising bad effect on the fish or something in their food chain.

strat2

the conditioner makes the fish have grown longlocks of hair all smooth...

only jokin no it disnt do anything.. it is dosed in such small amounts too

Status
Not open for further replies.