Love em or hate em you have to respect eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfisher

Now eels can have a bad reputation some people love them most people learn to hate them and trying to unhook them in the dark is ni on impossible. But you have to respect the journey they make and they are one of our incredible fish !

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
True, but i still hate the slippery little suckers, lol...

CrunchyCaster

Gotta agree with Granjuicymoose, they fight incredibly. Not only should they get respect for that, but also for the fact that a five pound Eel could be over thirty years of age,or even forty, that is an accomplishment in itself, especially now that we have a shortage.

supersuperleeds

I grew up fishing the River Hull around Beverley and used to catch hundreds of the buggers, couldn't get passed them in the summer. Winter fishing was great though as they all buggered off.

flyfisher

i know they can easily spoil an evenings tenching and if they move in you may aswell go home hha but i respect them for their incredible journey to the sargaso sea and also their ability to survive out of water they must be one of our most well adapted fish. They also do fight hard but one in a lifetime does me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.