Lost Reel

Browner

Site Supporter
I lost my car. Parked it, went into the supermarket came out and it was gone. Spent ages looking for it until I realised I’d changed my car the week earlier and was now driving a completely different car, that was parked in the space I thought it should be in originally.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I did lose a car in a supermarket car park in Dewsbury - I parked it up, we went shopping, came back, and the space I'd left it in was vacant :eek:

Fearing the worst, thinking it had been stolen, I started to get a bit annoyed ( my pride and joy modified Sierra Xr4x4i), then I noticed it - it had slid down the hill as the handbrake hadn't done it's job enough lol.
Somehow it had managed to go three rows down and a couple of spaces across, and not hit anything :D

Total

Site Supporter
I did lose a car in a supermarket car park in Dewsbury - I parked it up, we went shopping, came back, and the space I'd left it in was vacant :eek:

Fearing the worst, thinking it had been stolen, I started to get a bit annoyed ( my pride and joy modified Sierra Xr4x4i), then I noticed it - it had slid down the hill as the handbrake hadn't done it's job enough lol.
Somehow it had managed to go three rows down and a couple of spaces across, and not hit anything :D
Is the above the reason you always apply chocks to your Preston Barrow when your out fishing?:unsure:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No, the rear handbrakes on them were renowned for being inefficient and it 'wandered off' a couple of times lol

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
I put my dress watch in a safe place, it's still there and I've moved twice since, bought it during the ashes tour 02/03 tax free in aus only the 500 quid. I've never bought another watch and refuse to wear one.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi ,
I bought aDaiwa 3012 reel to go with my Daiwa 3000A both reels
were red.
When the reel off e bay came it is new condition,so took both reels and showed
to my daughter said to which one is the new ,i cant tell difference they both look new Dad.
i put reels back in shed locked up,next morning Tuesday this week i i went to put line on the 3012 double handle
thought that can go in hold all on my preston feeder the 3000A
i ll put on my waggler .

That was the last time i saw the 3000a its gone missing ive searched my shed looked round kitchen
i moved my bikes out of shed and searched again to no avail.

I still hoping i find it
Its next to Daves ream of paper , look in car , hope you find it 😀

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I've just bought a new pair of loppers as I lost my old ones. I searched the garage and the shed top to bottom. Anyway, as I bend down to cut off the wrapping off the new set, guess what was poking out from under the bench, yes the old ones!

62tucker

Site Supporter
I've just bought a new pair of loppers as I lost my old ones. I searched the garage and the shed top to bottom. Anyway, as I bend down to cut off the wrapping off the new set, guess what was poking out from under the bench, yes the old ones!
Lost loppers before. Filled green waste bin with branches etc and left loppers in for safe keeping as planned to cut more and fill bin up more. Never got round to and and put bin out for binmen.
With loppers in. 🤣

62tucker

Site Supporter
Many years ago my granny give me a grand in £50 notes. Always thought it was in a old suit pocket hanging in my cupboard till I looked for it a few years ago. Not there. Couldn’t find it anywhere. Had I put in in a charity bag 🙈. Always hoped it would turn up.
Last week emptied cupboard under stairs and chucked some coats out. On one coat hook was a Safeway bag with a shortcake tin in. Opened it up and a grand of £50s in it. 🙈.
No idea how it got there.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Many years ago my granny give me a grand in £50 notes. Always thought it was in a old suit pocket hanging in my cupboard till I looked for it a few years ago. Not there. Couldn’t find it anywhere. Had I put in in a charity bag 🙈. Always hoped it would turn up.
Last week emptied cupboard under stairs and chucked some coats out. On one coat hook was a Safeway bag with a shortcake tin in. Opened it up and a grand of £50s in it. 🙈.
No idea how it got there.
Nice surprise. At least you found it eventually. You can now go and buy something to lose.😂🥴.
it appears that the older fisherman spend more time playing hide and seek than they do fishing.🤣🤣😉

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

Lovely cars. I had two of those Dave. A ‘ D ‘ reg one in Mercury grey 2.8 engine and later a ‘ F ‘ reg one in Crystal blue 2.9 engine. Why the engine change I don’t know. Went like stink. Made a lovely growly noise when you floored it.

John Step

Site Supporter
Now to the really silly thing about losing something.
I sort of lost my house.:sleep: After a very tiring night shift I got home and pulled up outside to suddenly realise I had moved to a new house. DER.,>>>>>>>>>>:ROFLMAO: