Lost my Mojo

TonyA

Site Supporter
I have onle been fishing 4 times this year, what with weather and ill health but something has gone wrong. I always did fairly well at my local lake but this year I've blanked 3 times out of 4, not even a bite on blank days. Others fishing have been catching but not me.. Its as if I've washed my hands in diesel! Ah well, keep trying I suppose.
Do pellets go stale and lose their attraction?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Felt a bit the same this year mate. Been a few times more than you but not as much as I'd like. I've had very few good sessions though. Had some stinkers in club matches, on waters where I normally do well & I've also struggled on a few pleasure sessions. Hard to get motivated isn't it, especially if the weather isn't great.
Your pellets should be fine by the way. Just keep them in a sealed container, I'd say.

Griffo

Site Supporter
I have onle been fishing 4 times this year, what with weather and ill health but something has gone wrong. I always did fairly well at my local lake but this year I've blanked 3 times out of 4, not even a bite on blank days. Others fishing have been catching but not me.. Its as if I've washed my hands in diesel! Ah well, keep trying I suppose.
Keep at it mate, we all have off seasons, as long as you enjoy being on the water it’s still all good, as for pellets I’m still using 12 mm gob stopper halibert pellets from 10 years ago, still catching on em, (occasionally).

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
Me too mate, only been on the bank twice this year.
Was lucky enough to catch on both days, so quite enjoyed it.
Ill health has played its part, but mainly just couldn’t be bothered.
Hopefully next year will be better, because like you I have loads of pellets and also ground bait stored away.

Don’tTellEmYourName

Site Supporter
I find targeting a different species helps keep the interest and boosts the mojo. I had a whole series of blanks earlier in the year but I think that was more because I just needed to be out fishing despite the conditions being unfavourable. Normally I fish on my own but have really looked forward to the couple of sessions I’ve had fishing with a good friend.

Hopefully your health and mojo rally around soon.

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
The health issues had the opposite effect on me. Earlier this year was unable to fish for 3 months but I was chomping at the bit to get back. During the down-time I kept busy doing tackle stuff etc.
Ps. Should 400 home made floats be sufficient ?

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
For me it was state of mind zero effort going in, zero effort in return. Had a lot of see changes in my life and health but things turned around. Found more joy in teaching youngsters than fishing myself. Fished a couple of MD matches, met some great people and the desire and results have returned. Chin up sir, I am sure it will all come good.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
If you have access to a nearby commercial then you could pop along have a dabble there - the higher stocking densities over a local lake will drive down the likelihood of a blank and help inject a little mojo plus tagging along with another angler for banter and support will help greatly too.

Just give up on the fishing, things will change and you’ll wonder why you ever had a low day.

John Step

Site Supporter
Variety is the spice of life they say.
Do something different. How about a light lure/dropshot rod and a few little rubber things with waggly tails down at the lake or canal?
Minimal stuff to carry. Even the little perch and pike are fun. Wouldn't cost much.

TonyA

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the encouragement, time for a few more trips before it get too cold (for me).

SShark

If you have access to a nearby commercial then you could pop along have a dabble there - the higher stocking densities over a local lake will drive down the likelihood of a blank and help inject a little mojo plus tagging along with another angler for banter and support will help greatly too.

Just give up on the fishing, things will change and you’ll wonder why you ever had a low day.
I'd go along with this - i see myself as fairly rubbish/inexperienced after returning to fishing after a lengthy gap since childhood - but when i've had a mediocre session on a natural venue (though have seen others catching!) a trip to a prolific commercial balances things out and brings back the confidence.