Losing my Trent virginity….

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I use the same fluoro (19lb) as tippet for permit fly fishing and if I can land those on it, then I can land any barbel that swims……

I knot it with either grinners or (doubled) blood knots for fixed connections and non-slip mono loops (for loops!). I’ve never had a knot go with that set up…….
I put it down to my own misuse as a lot of people swear by FC.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Fiskerton is just downstream from Hoveringham that had/has extensive gravel pits The British Geological Survey has a very use Geology viewer of the UK here that tells you what you are likely to encounter on the river bottom.

Last edited:

AdamRussell93

Fiskerton is just downstream from Hoveringham that had/has extensive gravel pits The British Geological Survey has a very use Geology viewer of the UK here that tells you what you are likely to encounter on the river bottom.
I’ve never fished a river so clear of weed in the peg I was fishing at least, I can’t wait to go back!

Team KDB

I have said it before and i will say it again,keep the bait going in like you would pellet waggler fishing even if it’s only 2 or 3 pellets or hookbaits every time with a catty in between 15min casts 😉.
Do not put your faith in the fish that will find and sit over 1 hook bait in the Trent.
I have seen to many people sit it out on one cast and walk away disappointed and moaning the Trent is dead 🤷‍♂️
Keep the bait going in and you will be rewarded with multiple fish 👍