Loosing my lifeblood

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Throughout my working life, being a hands on tradesman,

cuts and scrapes have just been part of the job, they happen, but

last week, I happened to scrape the back of my hand, took the top surface of the skin on the back of it of reaching for summat between stacks of timber and stuff in the shed

it pee'd blood for such a minor thing, never mind, wipe with a tissue, spit on it and then dry it out with another bit of tissue to stop the loss of the red stuff

scab forms, no worries, but bugger me, if Ive caught that scab once, Ive caught it half dozen times, each time leading to another outpouring of blood

done it again this morn, just sticking my paw in my pocket, while out with himself

expecting a knock at the door sometime today with her madges plod following the drips of blood trail along the road

had to take drastic action medical wise and put a bit of germolene and a plaster on it

amazed at the amount of blood that flows from such a tiny wound

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Are you on medication to prevent blood clots, Mick?
I take Edoxoban, and bleed all over the place if I nick a finger. :oops:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are you on medication to prevent blood clots, Mick?
I take Edoxoban, and bleed all over the place if I nick a finger. :oops:

no, though Im at present taking prednosilone and ciprofloaxin for the lurgey in my guts

DFL

Site Supporter
Keep a dressing on it Mick, you don't want to get an infection in broken skin to compound the problem.

It was good question to ask about blood thinners, I e only started taking them this year after pulmonary embolisms and I find myself being more careful of injuries. There are other medications that thin the blood, aspirin being the most well known one, CBD oil does too which is a shame as I was getting good relief using the oil for arthriti, I can't take Ibruprofen now that I'm on thinners, I assume they can also thin the blood?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Prednisone can cause skin thinning,easy bleeding,slow healing as my fatha was on them.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Keep a dressing on it Mick, you don't want to get an infection in broken skin to compound the problem.
I could not agree more. About 20 years ago I had a wound, it got infected, ended up with phlebitis which morphed into septicemia , very scary.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I would of thought you would get private medical insurance when you became a mod. ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
At this rate he might not live long enough to get through his probation period