Looking for venues near Bridlington.

david white

Site Supporter
Hi Dave,
I've kinda come 'full circle' now. My initial plan was to start sea fishing locally but I soon realised that:

a) Dunno how to.
b) Don't have any gear and don't really know what I need.
c) Can only do it when the tide is right.
d) The tide can drown you if you aren't careful.
e) Chuffin tourists all over in the summer.
f) I have over 2 grands worth of gear in the loft - 2 poles and a long rod which I've saved. Rest of gear is gone but at least I know what to buy.
g) I have 40 yrs of experience coarse fishing and zero experience sea fishing.

I had a 'Eureka moment' this morning and thought that my efforts would be best served sticking to what I know best. 😁😁
Fully understood
For a while I lived in a seafront property in Devon ( Seaton ) and never fished the sea once, often thought of it and indeed returned to do so, just spinning for mackerel and fished the Axe estuary with my coarse gear for mullet, after I moved from the area

I’ll have a ponder on venues and forward some details on likely after the weekend now though

Simmo

Fully understood
For a while I lived in a seafront property in Devon ( Seaton ) and never fished the sea once, often thought of it and indeed returned to do so, just spinning for mackerel and fished the Axe estuary with my coarse gear for mullet, after I moved from the area

I’ll have a ponder on venues and forward some details on likely after the weekend now though
That's very kind of you Dave and thanks very much. 👍🏼

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Last August we moved over to Flamborough Head on the East coast of Yorkshire. I'm missing my coarse fishing though and am looking to get going again. Trouble is I'm struggling to find any decent venues to visit. I'm used to silver fish venues more than carp puddles and also am quite happy trotting a stick float down a river. There are a couple of ponds on the local caravan sites but I'm tempted to avoid those like the plague if at all possible.

Any pointers would be very welcome.

Thanks very much.

Dave.
Dave,
Plenty of opportunities and even meet new friends. Even one called Dave or David. If Banksy doesn't see this post, then send him a PM asking. He lives in Bridlington, match fishes, and also does a lot of pleasure fishing. He will be able to help a lot.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Hornsea mere used to be a prolific bream water years ago,also big pike and perch, worth checking out, also Scarbro mere.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
If you have a carp rod only need a few rigs to sea fish off harbour wall as tide comes in in dark should get whiting and flat fish not far out

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I live about 3 miles from Flamborough, have fished around here for more than 60 years.
Will send you a PM.
Don't want to tell 'em all, do we? :p;)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi all,

Last August we moved over to Flamborough Head on the East coast of Yorkshire. I'm missing my coarse fishing though and am looking to get going again. Trouble is I'm struggling to find any decent venues to visit. I'm used to silver fish venues more than carp puddles and also am quite happy trotting a stick float down a river. There are a couple of ponds on the local caravan sites but I'm tempted to avoid those like the plague if at all possible.

Any pointers would be very welcome.

Thanks very much.

Dave.
Rosedale hunmanby ,wykeham lakes just past west ayton ,scarborough mere top pond

Simmo

I live about 3 miles from Flamborough, have fished around here for more than 60 years.
Will send you a PM.
Cheers Banksy 👍🏼 Sounds like you are the guy I need to chat to. Thanks for the help 👍🏼

Simmo

Hornsea mere used to be a prolific bream water years ago,also big pike and perch, worth checking out, also Scarbro mere.
I'm only 40 mins away from Hornsea Mere but I never knew that it was open to coarse fishing. Never seen anyone doing it there.

Donny Pete

Site Supporter
A great Bream venue in the 80’s. I remember my old man taking a detour to have a look on a day trip to Brid. Never fished it though.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Will send you a PM.
Is that pond still near that pub on left headind to south landing