Looking for info re fishing opportunities on River Roden, River Tern and River Meese (not Mease) in Shropshire.

Dslayer

dslayer
Looking for day ticket venues or clubs that have fishing on one or more of these venues please.

Preferably near Wellington/Shrewsbury areas.

Used to fish Roden at Roddington, Tern at Allscott, and Meese just outside Newport (by Harper Adams College IIRC) back in the 80s when controlled by Whitmore Reans CAA (folded 1987). So anywhere in those areas would be perfect....

Also fished a few years back a stretch of Tern at Waters Upton on the Nantwich AA card but they have given up their stretch...

Any info appreciated, thanks.

Dslayer

dslayer
Looking for day ticket venues or clubs that have fishing on one or more of these venues please.

Preferably near Wellington/Shrewsbury areas.

Used to fish Roden at Roddington, Tern at Allscott, and Meese just outside Newport (by Harper Adams College IIRC) back in the 80s when controlled by Whitmore Reans CAA (folded 1987). So anywhere in those areas would be perfect....

Also fished a few years back a stretch of Tern at Waters Upton on the Nantwich AA card but they have given up their stretch...

Any info appreciated, thanks.

BUMPING THIS UP.......

Anyone ANY info??????

peterc

Hi Mate
Just noticed your post about small river fishing around Telford. I did a great deal of research a few years ago and the conclusion was that almost no clubs have or are interested in small rivers. I also wrote to a lot of farmers/land owners asking about fishing on waters that were on their land and got very few replies ( even though I enclosed self addressed envelopes). There used to be a stretch of river at Great Bolas which was on the Crewe card but that's been dropped many years ago, and there was a day ticket stretch of the Tern at Isombridge which you could fish but last time I went there was around 4 years ago.
Let me wish you the best of luck as there must be some great fishing out there on small rivers, it's just a question of finding it !

Dslayer

dslayer
Yep... I know!
Back in the 80's Whitmore Reans CAA had stretches on the Roden at Roddington (5 miles long - superb water!) - also some Tern near to the sugar factory - and the River Meese near Newport (head down to the Harper Adams agricultural college, turn right alongside college and about a mile or so down there IIRC there was a farm on the left with a lengthy stretch of the river available. Unfortunately, WRCAA folded in 1987 (and I wasn't fishing at the time)... they also had good stretches of the Severn, etc and a lot of local canal. They partially resurrected I'm told as Wolverhampton AA but only held on to their canal waters around West Mids and Staffs and are predominantly match biased. I do hold a season ticket for them and the stretches are good and handy (some only 10-15 mins from home at Wombourne) but like canals these days - too many boats in the summer! Brill Nov-May through with some excellet pike...

Serck Audco (Newport) do have a short stretch of Meese that runs alongside their pool at Great Bolas... and was told that Crewe Amalgam have some Tern at Waters Upton nr Wellington but little info on the club, its waters or how to join. Nantwich AS also had some Tern at WU too inc the confluence with the Meese but gave it up several years ago.

I've enquired at Janes Tackle in Wellington and the tackle shop in Newport over time as well with not a single bit of joy/knowledge... although someone did point me towards a day ticket place (pay in a honesty box) that was a carp fishery (2 pools IIRC) but also had a stretch of the Meese available - I think that was at Isombridge???

Thanks for response BTW ... much appreciated!