Looking for a new float rod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClumsyBeginner

Ive been fishing for a few months now andf i usually use a feeder rod for legering, but just recently ive been getting into float fishing and im really enjoying it. My rod at the moment cant take line over 4lb, and after hooking into some awsome 10lb+ carp at a fishery near me i really want to find a rod that can handle those double digit carp! [:D]

If anyone can point me in the right direction for some appropriate rods it would be really appreciated [:)]

Thanks in advance

ClumsyBeginner

Oh and i intend to catch carp form 10lb to 20lb... Usually id just fish with my dads carp rod, but this is a float only venue so im not sure what i should be using :/

peter1979

You probably want a carp float rod in this situation, something with enough back bone to tame double figure carp. I have used a drennan puddle chucker rod for my ledgering and i know they do float versions, the rods are very powerful. I have caught carp to around 18 lb's on my 10ft bomb rod, im sure the 11 or 12ft float rods will be just as powerful, and they are around 70-80 pounds.

gillm

Shimano Beastmaster 9-11 Waggler. But the preston mini float 11ft look good.

matty67

hablando espanol
Depends on your budget, maybe be better looking at Avon style rods or tench/barbel rods considering the size of fish you're targeting.

Shez

A few years ago I got a Middy 13ft Power Waggler rod and lands double figure Carp no problem, I would suggest something along those lines.

ClumsyBeginner

Thanks guys, ive wrote these down and ill take a look tonight, Im going to nip in a few tackle shops nearby and ask them for advice [:)]

As for my budget, i havent really set one, but i dont intend to spend loads on this as ive only really being fishing for a short while.

Thanks for all your help though guys![:D]

keiranrussell

if you havent been fishing for long a few cheap suggestions, shakespeare mach 1, avanti stand and deliver, garbolino rocket,Browning Carbonium

Status
Not open for further replies.