Looking for a lake with cabins/huts in Leicestershire

RikMassey

Afternoon all.
I'm planing a 24 hour session in September with my brother and was just wondering if any one would be able to advise me on an ideal spot to fish with either a lakeside log cabin or even just a hut instead of needing a bivvy. We live at different ends of the country and have decided Leicestershire is about the half way point. This will be our first proper carping session and we will almost certainly be two of them guys with all the gear and no idea so somewhere realtively easy fishing with a good head of carp so we properly catch the bug from day one.
T.I.A and good luck to anyone out on the banks.
Rik.

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
i am terrible with geography lol i thought mowbury was in lincolnshire like i am lol

Chervil

Site Supporter
The glamping pods at Eye Kettleby aren't actually lakeside, but a short stroll away, some of the lodges are , but not sure if you could book these for 24 hours, or the pods for that matter. If you look at their site it does have a map. Also it does tend to book up well in advance. We currently book two years in advance and the lodge we want is still sometimes booked for our initial dates.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
No night fishing and I don't think camping is allowed.

John Step

Site Supporter
Trent View has a lodge. Not Leicestershire but convenient to road links in Nottinghamshire.

RikMassey

Cheers for the replies guys. Yeah kettleby is 3 nights minimum and all booked up when I'm planning on going.
Only problem with going to Nottingham is it's so close to the Trent we may as well target the barbel which we would end up doing.
I live in Witney and have linear on my doorstep which is an option but trying to find something halfway(ish). My brother is in York.

Paulmlpss

Weston lawns have cabins. That's not far from Leicestershire. It's in Nuneaton with carp just over 30lb I believe.