Looking for a cheap 1st pole??

Status
Not open for further replies.

redseamoose

Hi just wondering if any1 here can help me. I am looking for a cheap 2nd hand pole min 11m for max 125.

I will be using it for silverfish and small carp & tench, I have been looking on ebay and dont know enough about poles to know what to make model to avoid.

THere is a Dam 12.5 Hi Litanium that saeems pretty good and also a Preston Zyrium.

Any advise would be superb or even better if somebody has spare 2nd hand pole kicking about that they want rid of?

Thanks

Heath

n/a28

deleted
there is not really a brand that you shouldn't go near even the strongest rated pole will break if not used correctly its what suits your style of fishing and how it feels. but if you want my opinion stick to brands like MAP,Maver,Daiwa,sensas,preston,garbolino,shimano and if you can afford to break the bank then a tri-cast or a colmic. this is not just because they are highly rated fishing brands its because easier to find spares compared to lets say shakespeare for example which take months for spares.

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I have to agree with jonny howie's comments re the brands to look for. The DAM poles were light but quite easily broken and spares are no longer available as the company ceased trading a few years back.

Genus9

If You go for the Zyrium check whether it's the old model or the one Preston has recently bought out,

The reason being is the old model was made using a different mandrel to the new one and sections don't fit each other,

The new version retails at 200 and spares a readily available but the older ones are not,

redseamoose

thanks for your replies really appreciate your time.

According to the lad thats selling the DAM universal top two from Middy who brought out DAM will fit????

Re the Zyrium its around 9 months old so not sure if its classed as the new or old model.

I see that I can pick up a new Daiwa SR1 11m for around 130.00 I might end up going for one of these.

Thanks

Heath

redseamoose

Hi jim

what did you end up going for I was talking to Tackle Up in Bury st eds today and they can do the Leeda Assassin for 129.00 I didnt think that was too bad????

jimwestham

The pole was for my son and we went for a shakespeare polestar. It was a little bit lighter on paper but seemed a lot lighter when you held it. He broke a top kit at the weekend and we can not get spares so i have been offered a refund. I will probably put a bit more and buy a map tks.

n/a28

deleted
if you can increase your budget to around 250 you will be able to pick up a map tks 125 or maver jurrasic carp they are both really strong poles i went for the maver because the last jurrasic carp was as strong as a brick wall.

redseamoose

thanks for your replies

I am please to say that I won the 12.5m Dam on ebay for 90.00 inc postage and look forward to catching with it soon

All the best

Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.