Longshaw Fishery, Match Lake

ev4dawin

Hello all, hope you are all doing well. On Friday me, my grandpa and my cousin went down to the match lake at Longshaw fishery. We were there for 4 and a bit hours, shorter than usual because of the terrential weather and rain. The day was spent catching a decent stamp of common carp between the 3 of us. I had the most with 10 carp ranging from below a pound to around 4lb. A bonus for me was a mirror which aren’t seen a lot in the match lake at least for me anyways, and also a decent fancy goldfish with a white tail. It was my cousins third time fishing, and we managed to get him to hold probably the biggest fish of the day, coming in at upper 5lbs. Tackle for me was a 10ft mini feeder carp rod with an Inertia 320 loaded with 5lb mono. On the line was a 24g guru hybrid feeder with a Guru speed link and a 4inch 7lb hooklink. Hope you enjoyed reading.

ev4dawin

Good job pal - how did you find the new rod and reel?
It was very smooth and I enjoyed the fights that the carp gave. Unfortunately... the next day I loaded the feeder too much i think, and it snapped the rod. But I can still use it as only the top section snapped so I only need a new top section. Hopefully I've learned my lesson about loading the feeder.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Ah bugger - Contact the retailer you purchased it from as it may be a known issue with the rod. They may replace the tip free of charge. Be careful when casting out that the line isn’t wrapped around the tip. This is a common cause of broken tips.

ev4dawin

Ah bugger - Contact the retailer you purchased it from as it may be a known issue with the rod. They may replace the tip free of charge. Be careful when casting out that the line isn’t wrapped around the tip. This is a common cause of broken tips.
That might’ve been what caused it as well I did forget to check if the line was wrapped but I think I would’ve seen it though :/