Longer Rod Holdall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris231218

I have just bought a new pellet waggler and a feeder rod however both are far too long to fit in my current Daiwa holdall.

Although the pellet waggler (Shakespeare Mach 3) has its own protective case, the feeder (Drennan 7 Avon 15.lb) does not and is 6ft 2in long.

How do you all protect your rods?

Have I to buy an individual protective case for it or are there rod holdalls on the market to hold these?

Chris

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Yes there are longer rod bags (Holdall) on the market, just have to check around.
You could just put it in a rod tube and let it stick out of your rod bag?

Philocalist

I had a similar problem, though mostly with one-piece lure rods that I wanted to either transport of carry ... many of them are around the 6' 6" - 7' mark, and though they have individual bags it diesn't offer much protection to delicate tips.
As an alternative to putting each into a tube individually I started mooching around the bag section in a large sports shop, and found what was likely perfect ... made for windsurfers to hold their poles, its around 7' 6" long ... and I picked up a couple of them for 2 quid each in T.K. Maxx!
Alternatively, have a look at the holdalls made for sea anglers, which are typically longer than a standard 'coarse' holdall, being made to accommodate beach casters.

pole addict

I bought a shakey mach 2 holdall when my new long section pole didn't fit in my old holdall. It's 1.95m long (about 6' 6")

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
The Shakespeare Superteam rod holdalls come with 2 ready rod sleeves attached to them. One is a long sleeve which should house a 2 piece 13ft rod, and the other should house a shorter 12ft rod. The just clip to the front of the main bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.