Long term rental sought urgently

Sportsman

Site Supporter
My daughter currently lives in Spain, but her business has been badly affected by brexit and because of this, she wants to return to UK. She would like to buy, but has been out of the country too long to have a credit history. She is a company director, which has its own set of problems. She has been advised that she will have to live in the UK for at least a year before she will qualify for a mortgage. For this reason, she is looking for a long term rental, for at least a year. It can be furnished or unfurnished, rent up to £2000 a month. The problem is, she has two rescue cats, so she wants a detached, rural property, as far from busy roads as possible. The position is non negotiable, but otherwise it can be anywhere between Scotland and Cornwall.
The search is proving difficult as decent properties are snapped up very quickly and she can't get over to view.
So, anyone out there know of an available property that might be remotely suitable? She will consider just about anything, anywhere, as long as it is OK for her cats.
I would love to hear from you.
Thanks
Dave

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Thanks Muskrat. We check most of the online portals regularly, and there are often houses that appear suitable, but don't work. This one looks good, but will only accept one pet and is only 165m from the M5
When we do find one that is suitable, she doesn't get considered, because they take someone with fewer problems. She must have tried for at least 20 houses. A lot of the houses are already agreed, before they even appear somewhere like Rightmove

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I expect the one pet rule is financially negotiable. But I didn't notice the proximity to the M5. Sorry.

Fireblade929

Site Supporter
I've previously advertised on this website, you can search "whole properties" available to rent.

Appreciate time is not on your side, but there will be more properties available after the summer break and the schools have returned, the great UK staycation has seen many longterm lets changed to short term.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Leeds is becoming very desirable I'll have you know, we even have southerners moving here and Londonistans

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not far from @crackatoa ...

1628628130494.png

:D

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not far from us...

For a hundred quid a month more…. With Chard reservoir on the doorstep!

Sportsman

Site Supporter
Thanks again for the suggestions. I have discussed them with daughter, but she feels they are too close to potentially busy roads. I wouldn't mind the Chard house myself :love: