Long stay or short visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Bloor

The great thing about angling is that it can be whatever we want it to be. Personally, I tend to do a lot of longer sessions, particularly when after carp, bream etc. In fact I've just come back from a 4 night tench session down south.

What sort of lengths are your sessions? Mine depends on the time of the year and also what I'm fishing for, and where. But I did 3 separate week long sessions last year, plus so many overnighters and 2-3 nights that I would have to check my diary to see how many.

Generally, when winter chub fishing I'll fish shorter sessions though, usually well into darkness.

The point is, whatever takes our fancy, that we enjoy it. It's no good fishing for a week if you're not enjoying it.

Beebs

quote:

The great thing about angling is that it can be whatever we want it to be. Personally, I tend to do a lot of longer sessions, particularly when after carp, bream etc. In fact I've just come back from a 4 night tench session down south.

What sort of lengths are your sessions? Mine depends on the time of the year and also what I'm fishing for, and where. But I did 3 separate week long sessions last year, plus so many overnighters and 2-3 nights that I would have to check my diary to see how many.

Generally, when winter chub fishing I'll fish shorter sessions though, usually well into darkness.

The point is, whatever takes our fancy, that we enjoy it. It's no good fishing for a week if you're not enjoying it.

DJ.gif

Beebs

Don't know why I hit Enter then, force of habit.icon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_blush.gif
I fished for 4 hours last night and monday night and had an excellent time. I fished all day the Saturday before and all day the Monday before that. Each time is just as much fun. Sometimes it's frantic, sometimes not a touch for ages, but I don't care. Last Saturday I didn't even get a bite, doesn't discourage me at all, makes me even more determined, cos I know what the rush is like when I catch fish. Money can't buy the feeling I get when I see my float bobbing under. wave.gif wave.gif DJ.gif

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mainly short sessions, 6 or 7 hours at a time except when we have the fish ins.

The greatest pleasure is just being on the bank, and I am as forunate as "Gods litle helper" (no disrespect meant) as Margaret lets me go when ever I want, in fact she makes me go fishing if I want to or not.

I have enjoyed fishing all the more in the last 8 months by getting the chance to meet fellow MDs, and hopefully will meet loads more over the next few months.

PS, Visas for the coming Welsh Fish-in will be available shortly.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Stewart,

Until last year all my sessions were just one day'ers but since Stoney's Yateley Fish-in I seem to have got the bug for longer stays.
I must say I prefer 3 day, 2 nights to a one nighter as one night is too short.
The sound of the birds first thing when the sun is rising, the smell of bacon and eggs cooking on the stove and the early morning mist just does something for me that is hard to explain.

Dave

Stewart Bloor

Hello Dave, I think you've summed it up exactly

Mind, don't forget the radio when on long sessions. Great for keeping in touch with the outside world...and indispensible when there's a World Cup going on.

I think they must have heard my shouts 25 miles away this week when the Argies got knocked out. Not that I dislike them or anything....icon_smile.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Stewart,

When I was in my teens (a couple of years back icon_smile_blush.gif), I knew an old 'gentle lady' who didn't have a television and refused the radio unless there was a program that she specifically wanted to listen to because she had decided that the world news was becoming more violent and depressing so she no longer wanted to hear about it.
Until she passed away, she enjoyed life blissfully unaware of what was going on outside of her 'little' world - that just about sums me up when bivvyed up icon_smile.gif

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Mmmm! in your own "little world" dressed as a gentle old lady for three days!

teepee.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote: Mmmm! in your own "little world" dressed as a gentle old lady for three days!

Just Dave & Stu in a B/B cum Pub cause it's frosty,and a bivvy ain't got central heating beer-toast1.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

MalcB

Watcher Sedge! Can't beat a good sess mate. I'm doing 48hourer mon night at Linear. As you say, Dave, the smell of the bacon first thing, and the reheated chinese at night n a couple of John Smiths - luvly. Now I just need to learn how to catch some fish!!!

Stewart Bloor

Hello Peg Leg Malc. Or should that be Clem Paggle? (Sorry folks, a bit of an insider joke).

Have a good one at Linear. Hope you catch a real biggie.

I'm pretty tired at the moment, just sat (and dozed) through an all nighter on the lower Severn after barbel.

Status
Not open for further replies.