Long no1 section

pies

Site Supporter
Righto everyone, so i got me new pole and it comes with some long number one sections, which replace the top two. I am starting to wonder about how usefull these sections as they are just short of 2m so the laccy will be about 1.7m as opposed to 2.5m in standard top two.
I can see the advantage of keeping a rig on the section at all times, but then the disadvantage is you will use that rig rather than the correct rig.
Ive not done much shallow fishing for F1’s so cant comment on that
So carp down edge is still going to be standard top two
So whats the big advantage of long number ones
Cheers

Keith Sparky

Lots of uses.....they are great for F1 shallow fishing where the shower kit results in the fish popping up at your feet as the elastic powers up quickly....the other use is fishing to snags where a shorter tight elastic stops fish bolting into the snags

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I only ever use them in the summer for F1,s..shallow/across/edge.. I’d never use them for carp deliberately...I never use them in winter either as I much prefer long kits for F1,s in winter ..all my short kits remain set up, throughout the summer, obviously I check elastics, hooks etc..

chris1967

Site Supporter
Righto everyone, so i got me new pole and it comes with some long number one sections, which replace the top two. I am starting to wonder about how usefull these sections as they are just short of 2m so the laccy will be about 1.7m as opposed to 2.5m in standard top two.
I can see the advantage of keeping a rig on the section at all times, but then the disadvantage is you will use that rig rather than the correct rig.
Ive not done much shallow fishing for F1’s so cant comment on that
So carp down edge is still going to be standard top two
So whats the big advantage of long number ones
Cheers
All depends on what pole bud ,some poles will put up with the extra stress on the next section down and some wont ,when using for lumps

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I certainly wouldn’t be putting heavy elastic through a short kit and fishing for carp with a pole like that, nowhere near enough elastic..it will end in tears ! Obviously you’re probably gonna accidentally catch carp, while fishing for F1,s shallow, but you’d be using sensible elastic

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I use them for all my F1 fishing in the summer, it means I can have 6 shallow rigs, 2 deck rigs, 2 across rigs, and 2 edge rigs all set up ready, when I get to a match