Long awaited day at sheldons-sods law

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
My lad and I had arranged a day at Sheldons on the Trent, that day was yesterday. However on Sunday the engine in my 2 year old Tuscon decided to play up again so it looked in doubt. A replacement car was given but not the size required to fit two lots of match gear in. So it was boxes and a feeder rod rod each set off at 8 only to get a call from the eldest lad in Lincoln to say he thought he had covid. Could we get him a test, paracetamol etc. Spent most of the morning driving around looking for a test ( to no avail) and taking the meds to him. Back on the road and we had missed breakfast times so stopped at kfc Newark.
Arrived at Sheldons only to realise my sheet with the codes for the gate was in my car...at the garage! Waisted ages until I phoned the sec of Newark who gave us the code. It was now raining...hard. undeterred we made our way to the river and set up in a downpour thinking the sun would come out. It did 3 hrs later!
The fishing? Rock hard and we only had pellets but we persevered. Owen got smashed twice and lost one close in. He did land a roach of about 12 oz. I lost one at the net and caught a 8 oz perch and a baby barbel under a lb. At 4.50 the sun came out and dried us off enough to get in the car.
We both loved every minute, today not a rain cloud to be seen.

Attachments

• IMG-20220825-WA0005~2.jpg
    IMG-20220825-WA0005~2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20220825-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220825-WA0007.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220825_181232.jpg
    20220825_181232.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 27

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sometimes everything feels like it’s going against you but on those days the fish you catch always feel that bit more special don’t they?

Well done for getting there and catching - dogged determination won through.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Come to red bridge on the newark fed match sunday should catch a few there bud.
Would love too but I am taking 3 of my junior club yo their fish match at lindholme Sunday. Grimsby area have put a junior team in and some of my lot are truing their arm. I have the pleasure of a 6 Yr old for the day. 😊
Can hear it now? What's this fish called? Why didn't it like maggots? What's a topkit? Why are you pushing me in 🤣🤣🤣