london village marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
i've just done my last run a slow 3miler ..thats it all done now ,16 weeks of solid training...already for the big one on sunday..i've seen the weather and to be honest i'm not looking forward to it[8D] but i've not run 50mile a week for nothing..
look out for me on telly[:W][:W]see you's monday...bye[:T]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Well done mate, you should run with a model of Maggie Maggot on your cap to point you out[:T]

Good luck on Sunday, what time you hoping to get???

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Good luck.

Don't worry about the weather - you won't notice it. Running in that crowd is a lot warmer than you realise.

Smile for the finish line photo.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
what time you hoping to get???
my 10k and 10m times say i should be able to do 2h54m but tbh i'll be happy with 'good fot age' ,3h10m, as the heat can cause problems. if i get under 3h10m i get in the following year..[:p]
got a train to catch,,,,,bye[:W]

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Looks like you have already gone but if you do get to see this i will be standing just past the footbridge on the left hand side near the 10 mile marker with my Dad in his wheelchair. Give us a wave[:W][:W]

My son is running and its his first ever marathon and he is hoping for 4 1/2 hours

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
I will be at Jamaica Rd(just past the big Gregorian pub)about a mile from Tower Bridge,keep on the right hand side and my daughter will have a sweetie ready for you [:T]

dave the fish

Site Supporter
I havent been in the Greg for years Paul. If I come up to see you are you going to buy me a drink.[:p][;)]

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
I would mate...........

But its shut down(someone done a runner with the takings [:0])

Phew,saved myself 3.50 there [;)] [:D]

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
thanks for the support[:T] sorry but i didn't see ya's[8D]
i got 3h07m55s .was on target for 3hrs untill my legs went heavy at 16-17mile. the last 10 where hard ,i couldn't get back below 7min per mile pace. the time means i'm good for age and can enter next time without the ballot. just got to work on my legs..fitness is good as i wasn't puffin so thats a good sign..
cheers[:T]

dave the fish

Site Supporter
well done Daz. I was stood a bit past the 10 mile marker with my MDs hat on[:T] What logo did you have on your shirt?

My son finished in around 4 hours 5 minutes a pretty good effort for a first time I thought. Just had a phone call from him " can you pick a crippled runner up from the station please? "[:D][:D]

jonesr

Well done to all the runners[:T] My Grandson and his Girlfriend finished on the 5 Hr mark.He got to 17 miles before his knee went[:C] But he walked the rest to finish.I didn't think he had it in him[:T][:T] Well done Steve[:W]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Thats some achievment, 26 miles in just over 3 hours beats the traffic in london lol.

Col7777

I used to run almost every day, I've done a few marathons and lots of half marathons plus a few other distances, all this was many years ago, my knee started to give me trouble and to cut the story short I eventually had to stop.
I loved running and at the time I was very fit, now I've put on weight and get out of breath if I run a short distance, if I was a horse they would shoot me. [:)]

My best marathon time was 3hrs 22mins.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
dave the fish-i didn't notice a mag hat[:D] i had a black n green 'inov-8' cap on along with my club vest..here i am in the blackpool half ,running it ,in full kit at marathon pace. i wish that day (2weeks ago) was london. i finished that not looking like i'd run.
http://www.mickhall-photos.com/newgallery/v/running+events/20/road+running/blackpool/IMG_0670-2.jpg.html
the average finish time is 4h30m...your lad did ace[:T]tell him to join his local running club
heres my results
http://results-2010.virginlondonmarathon.com/2010/content=detail&fpid=&id=9999990F5ECC830000062348&lang=EN&event=MAS&ageclass=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.