London Blankers

mbuna_matt

Does it fish well? Before the world went nuts I drove past it quite often, looks very good for chub over the far bank if you can miss the boat traffic?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Does it fish well? Before the world went nuts I drove past it quite often, looks very good for chub over the far bank if you can miss the boat traffic?
Last few times on the Thames before this lockdown were at the old bathing pool at Sunbury and at the Weybridge end of Desborough cut by the boat club. Sunbury was lots of small fish, mainly roach, Desborough was better quality roach and a few chublets. Even during the week boat traffic was fairly bad, nowhere near as bad as a weekend in summer.

mbuna_matt

Last few times on the Thames before this lockdown were at the old bathing pool at Sunbury and at the Weybridge end of Desborough cut by the boat club. Sunbury was lots of small fish, mainly roach, Desborough was better quality roach and a few chublets. Even during the week boat traffic was fairly bad, nowhere near as bad as a weekend in summer.
I like the Thames - although it's rare I get fish of any real size - got bitted out by bleak last few summers. Had a few good evenings / nights when the bream rolled up fishing corn over mashed bread, but you seem to need the boats to stop to get into the better quality.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
There are a couple of videos on you tube from MAP, the guy fishes the stretch between Kingston and Teddington. He gets there quite early and bags up on bream.