London Blankers

sarto

complete blanker
Sean , I've been ripping up carpets and found some more parquet flooring for you to renovate!
It will be another 2 classrooms but probably not till next Easter .

sarto

complete blanker
Definitely . Maybe an evening session down the Thames. Alternatively let me know dates you can make it after the end of August and I'll get you a guest ticket for Farnham. Maybe a day on the small pond. Glyn are you up for that as well?

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Hello, thought I would just poke my head in to let you all know how I'm getting on. Glad to see your all still blanking away, couple of new names too.

Well me and Louise got married at last in february last year. We enjoyed having Rose so much, we had another one!! Our second daughter Maisy was born 30th april this year and despite suffering a severe case of chicken pox at 8 weeks old, she is a beautiful smiley little angler to be.

This year so far I have managed two trips, one to marsh farm, where everybody struggled on the day, and early august, a trip out on the punt at Bury hill. Quite a contrast to when I was fishing Canbury gardens, I was getting 2-3 trips A WEEK!! [}:)]

Have a couple of projects on hold, one being my 10lb+ river common (found one in the mole in a group of 6 good fish last summer). Also I have potentially found an even bigger carp than the 28lb 9oz Mitcham common beast.

When I get round to capturing either of these specimens, you will be first to know![:)]

Hope you are all well and making the most of the precious time you get bankside, tight lines for now, Lewis...[:T]

glyn

Hi guys I've not been on for a while, if anyone is interested there is a friendly night match on the Thames this Saturday 08/09 starts at 19.00 at Hurst park car park Molesey.PM me for more details.

sarto

complete blanker
Bit early I know but merry Xmas to all the Blankers , if there are still any on here!!!

glyn

Hi Sarto hope you had a good xmas. my boller broke down xmas eve so we had no heating for 2 days.Sorted now.
Happy new year to you all

sarto

complete blanker
Good to see I'm not the only one left on here. Been fishing some godalming waters and winkling a few out .
Glyn , you still have your farnham ticket? Can't believe they've managed to get some of the yateley waters. I'm going for a session on the south lake on the 3rd of feb. can't wait!!!

glyn

Hi Sarto I did not have the Farnham ticket. It all seems a bit busy/clicky for me. I do a bit on the Thames and some of the cheaper day ticket waters. I cant seem to find a club that ticks all the boxs.

sarto

complete blanker
Sorry Glyn, just realised it was struggler who had an FAS ticket. You're right about it being busy. I've got a godalming ticket as well and they have far less members. I went a couple of weeks ago and there was only 3 o us on a 5 acre lake. Heaven!!

glyn

Sarto. Struggler no longer has his FAS ticket. Not for me to say why. Are you happy with Godalming, I nearly joined it last year also looked at CALPAC, Cranleigh and Rookery I'm still trying to decide which to join. I will have another look at Godalming.

sarto

complete blanker
Godalming have marsh farm for my tench/crucian fishing and three lakes for carp. Not as big as farnham but nowhere near as many members. Everyone I've spoken to on my few visits so far have been friendly and open. Bailiffs are sticklers for the rules but again very friendly. To be honest if you can't stick to the rules then you are going to get your ticket clipped, but that's how it should be!
I'm looking forward to summer tench/crucian fishing. Chance of big specimens of each at Marsh farm.

sarto

complete blanker
I think the flooding is pretty much everywhere mic. There used to be a few guys on here that fished the Thames around Kingston/ham/teddington but this thread has gone deathly quiet over the last 18 months. Would be good to catch up as they are all decent chaps.

djbone

Am in the south and very much (pleasure) fish, go every couple of weeks, usually with my daughter (who's 9 and is obsessed with the sport!). We're members of Horsham DAA (which I can recommend), but always up for up for meeting up and trying something/somewhere new, so any MDers in and around Sussex feel free to get in touch [:T]

Hope this was the right place to post this, love the sound of some of the old London Blanker outings, would be up for joining in if anything similar gets organised [:)]

Cheers! Lee

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
Am in the south and very much (pleasure) fish, go every couple of weeks, usually with my daughter (who's 9 and is obsessed with the sport!). We're members of Horsham DAA (which I can recommend), but always up for up for meeting up and trying something/somewhere new, so any MDers in and around Sussex feel free to get in touch [:T]

Hope this was the right place to post this, love the sound of some of the old London Blanker outings, would be up for joining in if anything similar gets organised [:)]

Cheers! Lee
Anyone still out there?...