London Blankers

Seanyb

The 8th? That'll be the weekend i'm away then. I can see how this is going already. Went to Apps Court farm a few weeks ago. Had a really good day there. Maybe that would be easier?

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Im going next wednesday morning till sunday afternoon. Same place ive been going. Cant wait.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Car packed, lets hope it stops raining for long enough to get the bivvy up and get my gear in there in the dry. I have even baited up my carp rigs ready to be set up.

JohnBudd

I have been fishing on baggy with the method the last few times I have bben had 3 alright days. Mainly bream. What's a average bag there?

sarto

complete blanker
it varies mate. i method fished with halli pellets and small boilie hookbaits and had around 20 bream all of around 3/4 lb. Yet on a slow day it can be fairly bad! As with everything , location is the key and the fish will generally let you know where they are. take the time to look for bubbles etc on the small pond and then get on them!

JohnBudd

Ok cheers mate. I have been using those sonu f1 pellets and they work well at the other venues I have fished but not so much at small pond. I will try a more fishy pellet next time.

JohnBudd

I am heading down to badshot Lea big pond this weekend after the bream and maybe a few carp on the tip. Anyone fished it lately?

struggler

solemn chops
Weirdly enough, looked on for the first time in ages!! Lifes getting in the way of fishing at the mo but any time spent is at Stilly, you still fishing FAS?

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I was due to fish on the 16t, not sure I will be able to. Had an OP last night and need to recover so picking up my tackle could be too much. May have to go on the Monday instead.

sarto

complete blanker
I am indeed mate , although probably going to change to Woking next year as FAS has got a ridiculous amount of members now. It's only going to get worse with the Cemex waters getting sold. I'm off to tarn on Saturday for the day , haven't been to stilly for a while as been on tarn. Let me know when you get a chance to go fishing and I'll try and get down for a social!!!
Sven , hope you feel better soon. You'll be back on the bank before you know it.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I will be on the bank from Thursday onwards. Only 25 quid for the year on the river ticket in Guildford.

Seanyb

I'm still around. Not fishing that much at the moment. The Thames last season was poor, planning a trip this week though, so will see how it goes.

sarto

complete blanker
I'm off to tanyards on Sunday for a few days then probably Stillwater for a few days. A whole week of fishing. Sheer bliss and hopefully a 30 pounder or 2!!!

Seanyb

Went to the Thames opposite Kingston last Thursday night and had a really good catch of quality Bream. I fished from about 8pm until 1am-ish and had 2 smaller fish and 8 fish that averaged around 6lb or so. It's amazing what difference a bit of flow makes!

Seanyb

A short evening session squeezed in whilst camping near the Grand Union canal around Tring produced a low double figured Carp on floating crust. The Carp potential around there is amazing. I went for a bike ride along the tow-path and the whole place was teeming with fish. Add the reservoirs into the equation and it's definitely somewhere I would like to explore further. Shame the weather is sh**e!