London Blankers

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Im just getting my gear sorted now. I have a few different baits. Maggots, corn, meat and bread.

Got Hannah to feed and water first thing so wont make the cafe. Gemmas dropping me off before going out tommorow so cant expect Hannah to get up too early.

TonusStonus

Diary of a Thames Fisherman
Originally posted by peter9000uk

Scratch that idea, just been called back into work for an allnighter!

Beginning to get fed up with all this work nonsense, haven't been fishing since last October!

I aint been since August!!!

Have given myself the close season to finish the d*****ting and sort all my gear and replace anything that needs replacing, then ill be out alot more!!
Need to get out and relax a bit I think, far too stressed lately, its not good

sarto

complete blanker
How was it? Hope you all had a cracking days fishing while I was doing my 14 mile hike!!! [:p]

glyn

Hi Sarto we had a nice day the sun was shining but the fishing was hard to start with and then got better on one side of the lake, guess which side of the lake I was on. Not many carp came outbut I think people enjoyed them selves. We will probably go back when the water warms up if I can get a booking.
1st Gemmo 22lb 7oz
2nd Rob 16lb 11oz
3rd Vassago 13lb 10oz
4th Svenc 4lb 10oz
5th Brian 2lb 7oz
I am going to try and sort a trip for the 17th april not sure where yet.

Last edited:

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Was a nice day. Bearing in mind what I weighed in was just small roach I was pretty pleased.

I will work out how to stop bumping fish on those darn barbless hooks.

vassago

Have to agree it was a great day, weather was excellent and caught a few what more could you want ?

Cheers for organising it glyn and if you run another 1 I'll try and get back down there

glyn

Right no prevaricating I booked the next day out, just need to let them know the numbers. So who is up for this one.
Sunday 17th april
Furze farm near Cranleigh Surrey.
8 per head
http://www.reeldayticket.com/surrey-fisheries/furze-farm/

Last edited:

Seanyb

Hi Glyn.

Had a really good day on Sunday. Although I didn't exactly set the world on fire with my catch (2lb estimated, all silvers) I thought it was a great venue choice and would love to give it another go.

Can't commit to the 17th yet, but if I can I will.

Thanks also for the lift!

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Furze is a very nice venue, if you put a search on here you may find some info. I had special permission to use keepnets one day with no match on and couldnt even lift the nets (all 3 of them) out of the water. I had to get in and let them go.

If I remember rightly ive managed 47 fish to 6lb in 3 hours and god was that hard work. Havent fished it in a while so im guessing the fish have grown. Im still uncertain as to wether some fish have been removed though.

glyn

I've had some great days there especially off the top Or fish tight to the island using method or feeder.

Last edited:

Seanyb

I've just remembered it's London Marathon day on the 17th, my bird's sister is running in it so kind of should go....rather go fishing though!

glyn

Ok if you can make it great if not no worries I have a few local mates going so will still have a 10ish.

sarto

complete blanker
looks like me and the boy can come along . Can you put us on the list please Glyn

glyn

HOLD ON WHO FORGOT TO WRITE THE LIST
oh it was me
Sven
Sarto and son
Glyn
Rob +3
Luke +2
Thats confirmed so far.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Ill be there Glyn. One of my favourite venues as long as no one is rude to me again.