London Blankers

TonusStonus

Diary of a Thames Fisherman
hi guys, im still around! looking forward to the thames opening again. Anyone going to be out the evening of the 16th. Ill be out not sure where yet tho.

glyn

Hi Tony Sean and everyone
The season will soon be with us. we will have to meet up on the thames soon

Seanyb

I will be fishing early season on the Thames, probably around Kingston. I have wheels now (it's only taken 36 years!) so can travel and give lifts to local types.

I'd be very keen to meet up with some people who know what they're doing on rivers as although I do okay, i'd still like a few tips ;-)

sarto

complete blanker
well done on passing mate . will have to get out again soon . After I've cured my compulsive disorder with stillwater lakes! [:D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
IF im not working by then ill be on the thames on the evening of the 15th fishing for 5 days. Not sure where yet but I fancy another bash at canbury gardens.

sarto

complete blanker
I was thinking of prebaiting canbury to see if I can get into any decent carp . probably have to be fruity boilies though thanks to the crusty bandits. [}:)]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Canbury is where ill be then, just let me know where you will be prebaiting as I wouldnt want to let your hard work be taken over LOL

TonusStonus

cant imagine it will matter mate, Im sure its gonna be packed out all along the usual carp haunts.

I was gonna prebait this year too, but with the unpredictable weather and not really knowing where I plan to be on the 16th it will probably go to waste. Knowing my luck Ill ball in 20kgs of bait and it will mick down and be in flood for the opening day, lol

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Tony thanks for the advice on the Pike, at least I know now I was doing nothing wrong. Just frustrating though. Lewis ill be at earlswood till late on tuesday if I dont sod off down to the other lake for a few days.

TonusStonus

not a problem mate, anything else you need to know, just ask mate.

I did a day on Thorpe Lea a couple of weeks back, managed 5 fish to just over 21lb, lost 3 others. Only saw 2 other fish caught all day!! Think they had other things on there minds, lol

struggler

solemn chops
Hello Tony, good to see you around, hows the barbel obsession?

Im up for a summer Thames meet, be a laugh [8D]

Fished Badshot Lea small pond last night, for some reason I drop every fish that I hook into there, its driving me mad.
As soon as any pressure is put on the fish then the hook pulls, I keep blaming the barbless hooks but dont seem to have an issue anywhere else.............any ideas fellow blankers?

svenc

London Blanker NOT
try a curved hook mate. Ive not tried them yet but the guru qm? hooks are supposed to be spot on. Were you fishing the method??? If so slacken your drag and wait for it to really rip off. I have had what appear to be bite before but realised after a while that the fish were picking up my line rather than the hook.

Im back off to the pond again in the morning till next week.

struggler

solemn chops
Your probabaly right Sven, have heard that curved hooks hold better, I dont fish the method but float fish under my feet either the "lift" or standard shotting, literaly 2 foot of the bank.

The carp I`m reguarly hitting into are anything between 6 - anything lb, have found that the lumps are found under your feet.

Oh well, will be going again friday have to dig out some curved hooks [:)]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
In that case then mate its the direction of your rod tip to hook hold. Id suggest letting it run first with a slack line then putting the pressure on. It seems as the fish are turning they are shedding the hook.

TonusStonus

Originally posted by struggler

Hello Tony, good to see you around, hows the barbel obsession?

Im up for a summer Thames meet, be a laugh [8D]

Fished Badshot Lea small pond last night, for some reason I drop every fish that I hook into there, its driving me mad.
As soon as any pressure is put on the fish then the hook pulls, I keep blaming the barbless hooks but dont seem to have an issue anywhere else.............any ideas fellow blankers?

Alright Tony, Hows things mate?

Yea im still chasing the obsession mate, been ringing a few changes in my self enforced break so hoping to approach it with a clean slate this year, instead of doing the same thing all season and catching nothing!!!

I saw on one of your earlier posts you joined FAS, im moving house soon (in the next few weeks) and in my search of the area FAS came up several times. Whats the fishing like on their waters?? are they well stocked lakes or harder dedicated waters??

Im up for a meet or 2 this year on the thames.
Im gonna be out during the day of the 16th with my missus, but might well fish into the evening somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonusStonus

Originally posted by svenc

Ill be on the thames on the 23rd cant make the 16th.

23rd im working, but should be there once a week until I move.

You there for the day only Sven, or is that a silly question for you? lol

struggler

solemn chops
Pm sent Tony.

Gonna be hard for me to get out as on nights for the next couple of months, August though, definitely up for a meet up, need to find a decent section of Thames where we can all fish (bivvys etc).
Maybe the island at Walton, the infamous dogging spot

[:D]

glyn

Struggler as you know very well its not just a dogging spot its a gay dogging spot.
Thats why Kate Winslet sold her house there.
I'm up for a meet soon