London Blankers

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
I was opposite you for a couple of hours, sorry I didnt come round , wasnt being anti social but only had a short time and had convinced Louise to come and and sit in the sun shine.

Glad to hear you caught finally, I didnt but wasnt seriously trying. Chucked out the carp rods hoping for a tench, left them on the buzzers and had a social with Louise and her brother. Good day though.

There was loads of smaller stuff topping this evening it amazes me that its so difficult as they are obviously there. what sort of size were you catching and what species?

Cant wait for the rivers to re-open though, much better on the Mole.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Perch to 1lb, same with the roach, Today was slower with the big fish but the little-uns played ball. I took my keepnets with me today and have some pics to follow in the morning. Some decent perch and roach again. Not a great weight match wise but for tiddlers it was good today.

I tipped my nets at 3pm and took the pics at 8pm. The mornings fishing I caught more but didnt have the camera. I caught about a 3rd more than the pictures show from the afternoons session. All in all another good days fishing.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Just going to write my report now, it will be in the where you fished today section.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/108618

What you lot catching, because im doing very well.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Off to Monks tommorow then its another early start on tuesday at Earlswood. This thread seems to be getting rather quiet.

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Nice to hear your having a few Sven. The tickets paid for itself now really??
I felt mine had when I caught that double pike on the first trip!! Wasn't the weather for walking the baby at weekend so started preparing bait using my new rolling table. Takes a little practice but pleased with the 1/2 kilo of 12mm I knocked up practising.

Good luck at monks, hope to get a trip in soon and try and catch something.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I had a mare at Monks today. Only caught 1/2lb, it was very hard going today. Nevermind.

Yes Lewis I have got my monies worth and now also know a few of the regulars. Im going in the morning again.

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Not good for a commercial surely? Did everyone struggle or was it a duff peg?
Puts things in perspective when even bagging waters are hard, it's still bloody freezing in the morning. I have to say, having gone to work early morning yesterday I did think it would be uncomfortable to begin with and at the draw. Still would have been better than defrosting my freezer and cleaning the fryer on a bank holiday [}:)]

Just have to sustain myself for now making bait and rigs. I'm gonna be one of the most organised anglers on the bank this season!! [:D]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Morning Lewis, If you look in the match results section you can see the jump in weights. From 102lbs down to me finishing last. What a mare.

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Great result for team blankers!! [:D][:D][:T]

HaHa. Never mind, the knock up I went to was in winter and weights were in the 40lb region and I scraped 4 lbs of tiny roach togethor, didn't even dampen my landing net!!
Guess we should both stick to blanking on the rivers, at least it's cheap and we know where we stand!![;)]

Leave that carp bashing to Bill, Peter and Co. Not my bag anyway, it's ok now and then but it's moving water that gets my vote....

Speaking of which, is everyone voting Thursday?? Not sure if it will make much difference but I will give it a go. I have always voted Lib Dem but doubt they will beat the conservatives in Reigate borough!! However there is no way them or Labour will get my vote....

Hoping to do some gardening this weekend if the weather allows or more likely, if Rose allows!!

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Ill be voting tonight.

Lewis I have found a new little treasure. Its a free to fish 2 acre lake with an island. We fished it yesterday and had 54lb of silvers and small bream between us. It was literally a bite a chuck. Great fun.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Right, my membership to the london blankers may be coming to an end. Me and Eamon (SP) fished this new lake monday into tuesday.

Monday was a slow day but we had a few decent small bream etc. Fished into dark in very cold conditions but the fishing was good anyway.

At 1am Eamon's alarms went off just as we were getting comfortable for the night, and thats the way it went all night, with alarms beeping all the time. This is the beauty that awoke us at 1am:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/svenc/2010512221656_Eamans biggy1.jpg

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/svenc/2010512221739_Eamans biggy2.jpg

He also had another of around 14lb and a decent tench of around 5lbs.

I fished corn and didnt have much in the way of big fish. He fished boilies and singled out the bigger fish.

The weight is to be confirmed as my scales are not the best in the world. He has taken them away to varify the weight pulling against a decent pair. It weighed just under 20lbs on mine but im sure and he was sure it was bigger.

Back there again next week for another 2 days and a change to boilies will be on the cards.

Seanyb

Mice have eaten a load of my bait. Noooooo. My fault for leaving it in the Bag. Does anyone have an opinion as to if what's left is okay to use? It's mainly groundbait and pellets.

Note to self. Buy sealing bait bucket.

glyn

Does it smell of mice mick if so chuck it, you dont want to be handling it.

Last edited:

Seanyb

It's all gone. Mainly a bag of crushed hemp and some 3mm pellets.

It inspired me to clean out the bag. Well overdue. Amazing how many rig bits you find lurking about!

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Nice to see you again Glynn.

Not long after you left I re-setup my rods. Gemma turned up and we sat down watching the rods for a while. As I went to recast a jack took the bait. I asked Gemma to reel in the other rod as it was in the way and she had a fish on as well. It seems that they dont like stationary baits so a bit of spinning looks like its on the cards.

Nothing bigger than 3lbs but fish all the same. A sort out of my gear and im back at the other pond monday till wednesday.

Being out of work is getting me down but it has the benefit of having time to fish. Im using up all the bait I have left in the shed, and a pint of maggots and a couple of tins of sweetcorn last me a week.

Seanyb

Spent a lovely 24hours at Furnace Lakes over the weekend. I've fished the main lake once, about a year ago, so gave the Pond a go this time.
Sadly the Carp were spawning all over the lake, so not much to report on that front, but float fished for 'bits' and caught lots of Bream to about 3lbs along with a handful of small Roach and Rudd. I did lose a couple of Carp on the float, they kept running under my 'proper' Carp rod line, but I don't think they were huge so I wasn't too upset.
But my goodness wasn't it nice weather to be out wetting a line after the sh@tty winter we've had! Roll on the 16th so I can get back down the Thames for evening sessions!