London Blankers

Seanyb

Terry and I ended up going to Henfolds on Sun.

We arrived about 9ish and after a quick squelch around in the mud settled on pond 4. Anyone who has been to these ponds may know that they are connected by a small stream that runs through the grounds. However due to the torrential rain, snow melt and ice de-frosting the stream was absolutly steaming through which gave the weird situation of being able to trot a float through the pond!

I'd love to say we had a cracking day and bagged up, but the fishing was very hard as the water was obviously very cold. The slightly odd thing was that we both caught exactly the same fish! One Roach, one Tench and one Bream each. Terry won the day by catching a Golden Tench and I should confess that my Tench was foul hooked in the fin.

I enjoyed myself though, as I had remembered to bring my coat, so wasn't shivering all day unlike someone. He know's who he is!
I think once the weather warms up a bit a return trip is on the cards.

Seanyb

It was good.
Nice to get out on the banks and not freeze or blank.
It was pretty tough though, I was happy with the swim etc, but the fish were just not really having it. It was interesting to note that the 'Carpers' pretty much all blanked and two match fishing types had about a dozen fish each. Very much a bloodworm and size 22 hook type of day.

sarto

complete blanker
Thank god I had my brolly stashed in my rod bag otherwise I would have added hypothermia to my tally!!!! I've got to say that even in spite of the conditions it felt great to be back on the bank and catching fish. Especially after my fruitless run on stillwater front lake of late. I noticed Bill Rushmer is talking up Canbury Gardens again. I'd love to know who catches fish there as I dont think I've ever had a bite!

glyn

The Thames is not fishable at the moment unless you find a back water.I will sand you a pm about the Thames.
I when down to H/Court sunday to check/bail my boat and it was really pushing through and they were lifting 2 more gates on the weir.

Last edited:

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Just offline for a bit Glynn, had to cut back for a bit and the internet was the first thing to go. Im back now though and looking forward to a few trips.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Anyone intested in a trip the next few weeks. Not long now till the rivers close as far as free weekends are concerned.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
This season I have been hitting the rivers. More of a challenge. I started to get bored of the commercials and still havent joined a club although glyn has pointed me in the direction of exactly what im looking for in the new season. Which im definately joining.

www.brps.co.uk

If people could post when they are free then we could arrange a good overnighter.

sarto

complete blanker
overnighter at ths time of the year! Sven are you mental!!!
got to say that club doesn't look too bad though .

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Im thinking of going for 3 nights!!! Doesnt bother me about the weather or the lack of light. I have a decent bib and brace and lanterns and a brilliant head torch. I was out fishing in the snow last year. I had to give up as I couldnt get out of my bivvy.

sarto

complete blanker
sir , you are a fruit loop of the highest merit and have my utmost respect! Until I can get central heating in my bivvy there is no way on earth I'm overnighting till it warms up a bit. Mind you I have only got a single skinned bivvy and I would probably drown from condensation anyway in this cold weather.

glyn

Sarto you should not need a bivvy in this weather an umbrella and anarak will be fine.lol

shootinfishin

Better than slappy
There are some fairies in these parts!

As long as you have a shelter then a decent slepping bag will suffice.

I use a fox 5 seasons one which serves me well.

My last all nighter was mytchett lake on 3rd of Jan, only swim usable due to ice, where warm water enters the lake.

Where are you going Sven?