London Blankers

struggler

solemn chops
O.k then, who`s interested in a days fly fishing in the next few weeks?
I was thinking Saturday the 29th November down at Hazel Copse, just outside Guildford,
15 1 fish ticket, catch and release all day.

Glyn, did the insurance replace your fly gear? [;)]

Sarto, had a few hours on the Wey a couple of weekends back, saw a nice Grayling caught by an angler we passed.
We parked 1 car at one end of the stretch and one at the other and had a healthy 2 mile walk through countryside, cow fields, horses etc and trotted a float.
I had a nice chub of a couple of pound, which was a good fight on 2.5 lb line and a centerpin!!
The river is very nice, incredibly clear and i was a little gutted to have forgotten my cap and glasses as fish spotting would have been a lot easier.

Well worth a winters morning, in fact i cant wait to go back.

sarto

complete blanker
Sounds good mate , I haven't been over that way for a while but looks like I might be swapping the motorbike for a car soon and if that happens it will make life a lot easier for fishing . Hopefully I will be down that way after xmas for some winter chubbing .[:)]

glyn

Hi struggler fly fishing sounds good I will have to check the 29th but should be ok if I can borrow some gear.
ps I didnt think to claim for my fly fishing gear but i got my Grays Prodigy rods replaced and my shimano gte

struggler

solemn chops
Glad you got the Prodigy replaced, i`d be gutted to loose mine [;)]

Im sure between Jon and myself we can sort a spare rod and reel, i have flies, tippets etc.

Ill bell Martin tomorrow see if hes around too, will be a fun day, its a laid back place, no-one watching my fine figure of eight casting [:D]

As already said everyone is welcome.

Thinking about it, Wilf has spare rods, reels etc as i borrowed one last time i snapped mine there!! maybe ill give him a call and find out.

Last edited:

struggler

solemn chops
Svenc, this is the only link i could find, and the article is 8 years old!!

http://www.fishing.co.uk/article.php3?id=350

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Ill call you mate, How do you fancy a 24 hour session end of the month???? Either that or join me for the day when i go soon.

struggler

solemn chops
Why not both come on the 29th?

Glyn, we have a spare rod/reel, so all you need to bring is yourself !!

glyn

hey hey hey we reached 30 pages, is it a record, is it a bird is it a plane. OK thats enough
Who's going on the 29th

struggler

solemn chops
If you keep posting twice glyn, we`ll make another 30 [:p]

I`m 85% there on the 29th, work depending.

May have nothing in January so i need to try to get as much in now as possible, i`ll know after this weekend.

Jon`s still going and im still trying to get in contact with Martin.

glyn

Tony I know how it is with work I think i'll be lucky to last till the end of this month.
Hope you can make it on the 29th.

struggler

solemn chops
I`m 100% there now Glyn.

Gonna have to miss my annual stagger around Twickenham the weekend after as i`ll move the work back, i wont miss the hangover though [:D]

Spoke to Martin today he will be there, as will Jon.

Should be a laugh, im looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Sven sorry didn't call you back work took over and I was trying to hit a deadline. A day session on a weekend would be great pref a Sunday

svenc

London Blanker NOT
No Worries Mate and that number that text you the other day, that was me mate, ill ring you later. Got to go up A&E first though. ive injured my ankle, thought it was ok until about half an hour ago and have a lump like a golf ball just above my boot line.