Lollypop floats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian White

Big E
When pole fishing on a river i have been told that using a lollypop flot may help to hold back and with better bait presentaion ,has anybody got any tips and rigs that would help me
Thank you.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Polepot

Poles
Ian,

I have not tried them myself, but listened to a talk by Bob Nudd last year. The Lollypop float, I belive is a ledger type rig, It should be fished on running water about 12" over depth with baulk shot on or just less then depth and then an indicator shot about 6" from the hook. It is essential that the correct float is used appropriate to the flow.

Hope this helps

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Chopper

I use them on the river Don in Doncaster.

Depending on the flow a 3 gram lolly should probably be loaded with about 4 gram.

Use a big olivette about 2' from your hook length and 3-4 No 8 droppers.

There is two ways of fishing the lolly, one is overshotting it that much that you can hold the float/rig dead still against the flow and only the tip of the bristle will be riding out of the water. The other way is to over shot it just a lttle bit so you can edge it through your swim at half the pace of the river.

Both work well but try experimenting on the day to find out how the fish are wanting it. Some times you'll catch holding it dead still, other times at half pace and on some occasions they'll be having it by just running your float at them in the natural flow.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

martin.

Account Locked
hi
ive found that with a lollypop float you normaly work it out that say it would take a 4g ordinary float to hold bottom then you would only need a 2g lollypop float if 6g then 3g in other words thelollypop float only needs to be 1/2 the wieght of a normal float.
ive found the best way to shot the float is have your bulk wieght enough to just show bristle about 2 -4" off deck then a number 8 or 6 shot just on the deckthen 2 x 8 shot 2" apart laying on deck with another 4-8" to hook.
doing it this way you can hold virtualy dead still or if you want a bit of movement just pull back slightly this will bring droppers just off bottom & then you can just let it go a few inches & settle again
found this can be a deadly method with worm .

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Ian White

Big E
Thanks Guys
Sounds like theres a bit more to this,Can any one tell me if there are any good books about so that i can look at some pics (Sorry to come across as a bit thick)But i think it will be some help.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

martin.

Account Locked
hi ian
ill get sammy (my daughter)do a couple of diagrams at w/e & post up as i dont know of any books on the subject

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Status
Not open for further replies.