Lodge Farm Top Pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolSmithy

I've got a match on Top Pond at Lodge Farm in a couple of weeks, has anybody got any advice on methods/bait?

totality14

pole and pellet just over the shelf down the right hand bank this is close in on the left hand bank its quite far out.apart from the pegs behind the islands where its very deep.the end peg on the left hand bank is a flyer fish down the side of the bushes.

totality14

pole and pellet just over the shelf down the right hand bank this is close in on the left hand bank its quite far out.apart from the pegs behind the islands where its very deep.the end peg on the left hand bank is a flyer fish down the side of the bushes.

smartmart16

peter,are you saying you fish in the deep water over the shelf and catch.every time we have been we find the ledge and fish about 1 metre from the edge of it back towards you,and catch skimmers and tench,usually on pellet or worm.
they have always told us not to bother with the deep water apart from in winter.

totality14

always bagged in the deep water I dont bother with the shelf.its always too weedy.also the peg off the point of the island nearest the cafe i fish with the feeder with corn for propper bream its only about 2ft deep out there

peteblade

Top two to hand, caster and choppy, white hydro, one shallow rig , one depth(bottom) rig, done.

peteblade

I held the match record (46lb)for quite a while and have only once had less than 15lbs fishing this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.