"Lockdowns"

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A mate of mine who has a small business was in a pub recently were somebody was later found to have tested positive, he got a letter saying he must self isolate, being a small village type pub were everybody tends to know each other he asked the Landlord who it was more out of curiosity than anything else and the Landlord of the now closed pub said he was not told the infected customers name under data protection rules.
He carried on in work repairing motorcycles as he is usually under pressure from customers to get work finished but with the door locked and then gets a visit from the local council representative saying that it was known that he was supposed to be in isolation to which he replied that he was hence the locked door and the note on the window, the council guy went on to explain that they were having difficulty locating Gandhi and Elvis Presley along with suukee mi dick all of which had been in the pub so they had viewed the CCTV and were trying to identify them :unsure:
It later came out that the lady who tested positive had caught and recovered from the visus in May was tested by her workplace then advised on the Monday she was positive two weeks ago so how does that work ?

There is a report out today that says the tests can now pick up dead virus cells and give positive results based on previous infections in some cases

davylad

Site Supporter
I went to Donny on Wednesday night Mick, I had to pick the missus and family up from the station, after their London train was cancelled. What a job finding the train station with all the diversions, and one way traffic. I should have took the second Donny exit, from the M18 instead of the first.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Round here it seems more relaxed now. No threat of lockdowns etc. although social distancing is still in place but that's down to 1 metre in some places. The fish however are social distancing as far away from the bait as possible.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
How can we go wrong ? Take note as in the Thomas Osborne pub 👍👍
6CFC9478-40F8-4327-BC7C-04842566CF97.jpeg

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Michael, by all means stay safe. I hope you and yours keep well.

I am not a worrier by nature I cannot change now.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I'm getting pee'd off by all the idiots who won't wear as mask in the shops.... they need a sodding good kick up the arse, and the ones who think its a bloody chinstrap or nose sling... they need a kick up the arse and told to either wear it properly or get out

Whisker

Site Supporter
A lot more people take ‘boating holidays’ down south, and different rules apply...

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Ashford is the most lurgiest place in kent !

and I dont think I do, I have a wench who is still in cancer rehabilitation, and a mum who is 86, plus my breathing probs are bad enough from a lifetime in trade

so care and sense are the byewords
Hello again Mick, I have looked up `the lurgiest place in Kent`. Turns out Ashford is now one of the most covid 19 free places in
England {source, Kent live}.

I am not being deliberately cavalier in my attitude towards the pandemic. I was born a couldn`t care less sod and I will die one. It
remains to be seen wether it bites me on the bum, I cannot be what I am not. Having said that I can understand the vulnerable
getting nervous and being irritated by people ignoring sensible rules.

The missis went into the chemist this morning at Singleton whilst I went in the paper shop to get her Daily Mail {aaaarrgghhh} and
got a funny look from a couple of people. Realised when I left the shop I had forgotten to put my mask on.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hello again Mick, I have looked up `the lurgiest place in Kent`. Turns out Ashford is now one of the most covid 19 free places in
England {source, Kent live}.

I am not being deliberately cavalier in my attitude towards the pandemic. I was born a couldn`t care less sod and I will die one. It
remains to be seen wether it bites me on the bum, I cannot be what I am not. Having said that I can understand the vulnerable
getting nervous and being irritated by people ignoring sensible rules.

The missis went into the chemist this morning at Singleton whilst I went in the paper shop to get her Daily Mail {aaaarrgghhh} and
got a funny look from a couple of people. Realised when I left the shop I had forgotten to put my mask on.

Ive seen a right good mask on the internet, one that looks like an "Alien" baby (even has the taily bit)

remember the thing that jumped out the egg and grabbed the mushes face

If i can find where their sold, Im buying one

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I bought twenty blue ones in tesco for a tenner, that will do me.

Feel very stuffy wearing one, would not want a long journey in one.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I couldn`t be a highwayman, I can`t ride a horse. Could use my bike I suppose.

Me and the missis would usually go to the pub on Saturday evenings but when the kids turned up it all went out of the
window. Might have to start again, jeeze I`m bored just sitting in front of the telly. I might have to post another picture
of my chair.

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
Do southerners take covid precautions more seriously ? follow the guidelines as to social distancing, masks etc far more rigourously ?

It seems to be that there are considerably more instances of lockdowns in the lands to the north of the Watford gap
Good spot, in terms of areas of concern/enhanced support, with the exception of Swindon, Northampton & Luton all other areas are indeed north of Watford Gap. I think the Northampton issue was mainly due to a single food processing plant too.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I couldn`t be a highwayman, I can`t ride a horse. Could use my bike I suppose.

Me and the missis would usually go to the pub on Saturday evenings but when the kids turned up it all went out of the
window. Might have to start again, jeeze I`m bored just sitting in front of the telly. I might have to post another picture
of my chair.

"Full Frontal" :eek:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'm getting pee'd off by all the idiots who won't wear as mask in the shops.... they need a sodding good kick up the arse, and the ones who think its a bloody chinstrap or nose sling... they need a kick up the arse and told to either wear it properly or get out
Be careful Arry. Not everyone has to wear a mask. Two guys outside Cooplands nearly had a brawl over masks this morning. One showing the other a card the NHS had given him. Some sort of disability Im guessing.
Due to wifey's medical conditions, she's exempt from wearing a mask, but puts one on anyway.
She told me that’s because she didn’t want to be seen out with you. 😂😂😂. You were certainly punching above your weight there Peter. 😁😁👍