"Lockdowns"

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Do southerners take covid precautions more seriously ? follow the guidelines as to social distancing, masks etc far more rigourously ?

It seems to be that there are considerably more instances of lockdowns in the lands to the north of the Watford gap

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apart from London, I'd say there are higher densities of BAME's up north who live in dense communities of all ages and pay little heed to advice given unless it suits them.

As for London, I very much doubt the powers that be could or would lock it down for fiscal reasons

Chervil

Site Supporter
I see Leeds is now being watched.

"According to recent figures, 44 new coronavirus cases were identified in Leeds on Wednesday.

Ms Blake added: "This is a rise in all different wards across the city, particularly in young adults of all communities."

rudd

Site Supporter
The media are steadfastly refusing to mention it, but the towns/cities that have had further lockdowns all have something in common. Naturally, you'll be deemed to be racist should you mention it.
Labour councils?

AdieSWA

Here on the Wirral we've just had an email from a councillor basically warning us that we are close to a local lockdown as numbers have spiked. That would be proper s*** as only just got the kids back in school!

Simon R

Site Supporter
There's lots more testing now being carried out so there's bound to be more positive results detected.
Previously the only people getting tested were those displaying symptoms.
Now thanks to the wonderful track & trace system lots of 'healthy' people are also getting tested and since many people may contract the virus but display no symptoms they are also getting added to the total.
One estimate I saw the other day was that there may have been upwards of 100,000 people infected with the virus but showing no symptoms during the height of the pandemic.

In the areas that have reintroduced lockdown measures, it didn't seem very stringent - just no visiting other households or gathering in groups of more than six? All the pubs and shops were still open as normal.

Simon

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You maybe right there Mick. On my way home from the river Trent on a night I pass through Bawtry, South Doncaster. You want to see the crowds outside the pubs. All less than a metre apart. Last week I had to wait for two idiots having a fisticuffs in the middle of the street. Unbelievable. Average age maybe 25 - 35. 😠😠

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The media are steadfastly refusing to mention it, but the towns/cities that have had further lockdowns all have something in common. Naturally, you'll be deemed to be racist should you mention it.
Exactly Sam. 👍

crackatoa

Site Supporter
In the areas that have reintroduced lockdown measures, it didn't seem very stringent - just no visiting other households or gathering in groups of more than six? All the pubs and shops were still open as normal.

Simon
Obviously only affects premises without card payment machines

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Here on the Wirral we've just had an email from a councillor basically warning us that we are close to a local lockdown as numbers have spiked. That would be proper s*** as only just got the kids back in school!
Four pubs have closed this week Ade. All due to staff or customers testing positive. Scary stuff.
Licensing department have sent an email to all pubs, reminding us of the importance of taking names & numbers for track & trace.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Some of the rules are crazy.
in a local lockdown you can’t go to your parents house but can go and meet them in a pub. 🤷‍♂️

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A mate of mine who has a small business was in a pub recently were somebody was later found to have tested positive, he got a letter saying he must self isolate, being a small village type pub were everybody tends to know each other he asked the Landlord who it was more out of curiosity than anything else and the Landlord of the now closed pub said he was not told the infected customers name under data protection rules.
He carried on in work repairing motorcycles as he is usually under pressure from customers to get work finished but with the door locked and then gets a visit from the local council representative saying that it was known that he was supposed to be in isolation to which he replied that he was hence the locked door and the note on the window, the council guy went on to explain that they were having difficulty locating Gandhi and Elvis Presley along with suukee mi dick all of which had been in the pub so they had viewed the CCTV and were trying to identify them :unsure:
It later came out that the lady who tested positive had caught and recovered from the visus in May was tested by her workplace then advised on the Monday she was positive two weeks ago so how does that work ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We know Oldham, Leicester and Bradford have all been hit hard but, what are the figures for London ? You’re not telling me that London’s infection rate hasn’t risen since we’ve eased lockdown. Or, like always, our politicians are bending the truth ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
We know Oldham, Leicester and Bradford have all been hit hard but, what are the figures for London ? You’re not telling me that London’s infection rate hasn’t risen since we’ve eased lockdown. Or, like always, our politicians are bending the truth ?
Bending the truth nah can’t see that 😱😱

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Bending the truth nah can’t see that 😱😱
You might be hanging up your Float next week Dave as the powers that be are looking at Leeds for a lockdown. Come live with us in Donny if ya want pal. Plenty of room for four paws 🐾🐾

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The truth be known I bet they couldn't put London in lockdown if they wanted to as it would hit the financial centres and businesses too much, let alone stop travel in and out of London, and the majority of the residents wouldn't pay heed to it anyway