LOCKDOWN UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Depends if rivers, natural lakes and the sea count as amenities I guess but that list would seem to suggest venues that specifically exist only fishing would be ruled out. Does seem a bit of a stretch to close the waterways again yet still let people wander up and down them all day but they did it once so could be daft enough again. If they do that’s both fishing and work screwed for me again lol

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You can guarantee some golf courses will be dead as well.
Work is a necessity and however you want to wrap it up fishing is not.

When it was first announced golf was allowed and angling was still in limbo we argued "why not us"
Now golf is not allowed we are not interested in the same being applied to angling.
We shouldn't have it both ways if we want to cry parity.

Yes that might apply to you MIck but how would you apply that to every other that wants to go?
Aye, true enough.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Apparently Patrick Vallance has said this morning that there is no reason for tennis and golf to stop. The situation is now under review again. This was on the today program on radio 4.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Tennis. Where you touch the ball that someone has just touched. Seems a strange one to allow.
Blanket ban is only way to stop arguments really. Rightly or wrongly

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Apparently Patrick Vallance has said this morning that there is no reason for tennis and golf to stop. The situation is now under review again. This was on the today program on radio 4.
Blimey a bit of common sense there then.

Tennis. Where you touch the ball that someone has just touched. Seems a strange one to allow.
I thought that the first time but then wondered if whacking the cr*p out of the ball would disrupt the virus? Have to say I personally wouldn't be that keen on handling a ball that someone else was touching but I suppose the actual risk is tiny.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The general view of golf is one man walking around whacking a ball, however the reality is similar to match fishing, a group of men meeting up to whack their balls :roflmao:

Total

Site Supporter
The general view of golf is one man walking around whacking a ball, however the reality is similar to match fishing, a group of men meeting up to whack their balls :roflmao:

Please desist if ever drawn near me in a fishing match then...:oops:......Mr Spence has armed me with one of his famous hammers! :devilish:;):D

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i have seen far far fewer golfers breaking social rules than fisherman but there is the problem, even one person breaking the rules ruins it for all and there is always that one person!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m not so sure about putting things in my trolley at the supermarket that loads of people have already handled. Hand sanitisers, not touching things except to put them in your bag etc are as real as unicorns and flying pigs.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
I’m not so sure about putting things in my trolley at the supermarket that loads of people have already handled. Hand sanitisers, not touching things except to put them in your bag etc are as real as unicorns and flying pigs.

We have to shop for food we do not have to fish.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Most touched thing in the supermarket. The top of the hand sanitiser at the entrance. Never touched one and never will

62tucker

Site Supporter
Not fishing related but are building merchants staying open ?
Or the big sheds like B & Q to buy building stuff like sand and cement. Feel like a project coming on if I can get the stuff

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Push it then wipe your soggy mitt on it , that's what l do.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
According to the scientists the chances of catching the virus whilst fishing, playing golf or tennis is virtually nil. Thats why it was brought back in long before the lockdown was lifted last time. Opening pubs and restaurants is equally unnecessary but far far more risky isn’t it. If clubhouses, changing rooms, tackle shops etc are kept locked up actual participation in outdoor activities isn’t really at all risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.