LOCKDOWN UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

carphauler

First bit of bad weather and most anglers won't bother going this time of year anyway.
Yep, at Blackstone last weekend with the wind and rain I was the only one on the whole stretch apart from the last few pegs opposite on the KDAA match.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
How many actually sit in the middle of nowhere though and how can you guarantee there will be no others around them?
First bit of bad weather and most anglers won't bother going this time of year anyway.
Errrrrrrr me Lee. And ... again me. Our local canal is deserted. Odd dog walker but, that’s about all. I’d rather be sat in the middle of nowhere watching and listening to nature than be stuck at home.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
You can guarantee some golf courses will be dead as well.
Work is a necessity and however you want to wrap it up fishing is not.

When it was first announced golf was allowed and angling was still in limbo we argued "why not us"
Now golf is not allowed we are not interested in the same being applied to angling.
We shouldn't have it both ways if we want to cry parity.

Yes that might apply to you MIck but how would you apply that to every other that wants to go?

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Golf is a completely different scenario to fishing so has little relevance in my book

It's not necessarily much different to fishing. I have a relative who goes golfing, and he asks: "What;s the difference between me having a friend round to my house all day and going golfing with that friend?" He says Social Distancing is not difficult in both instances. and the club house will be closed anyway.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don't know about others Lee but I don't fish commercials these days. I can garuntree that the club lakes this time of year during the week will be dead. Plus I'm abit of an anti social beggar when I'm fishing so if by chance others were fishing I'd set up well away as per usual.
🤣🤣🤣. I think me and you were separated at birth pal. 🤣🤣🤣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It's not necessarily much different to fishing. I have a relative who goes golfing, and he asks: "What;s the difference between me having a friend round to my house all day and going golfing with that friend?" He says Social Distancing is not difficult in both instances. and the club house will be closed anyway.
Not necessarily different no but looking at it objectively one requires a facility and usually another person and one is usually solitary and often uses natural resources. Golf courses are private and can be closed whereas rivers, public lakes and the sea will be open to walkers, runners, cyclists, picnickers etc so would be a bit odd to outlaw anglers using such resources as well.

parkes

Its not dangerous playing.golf either but govt say.no.golf
The government that not so long ago were dipping freely into public purses and making it up as expense claims!, Renting various properties in questionable circumstances, the list goes on I'm sure, forgive me for not having an iota of trust or faith in the government. Keep it simple in your own mind, sat on a peg obviously alone there is no threat whatsoever.
If it was/is that bad, how come all education is still going forward, lockdown except all school runs?

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have said it on another thread you can not possibly say fishing is OK but only if you can tick certain boxes, I know I can go to places where I will never see another person if I sit there between now and Christmas..... But and it is a very big but.. For every one of these venues there are 10 where you will invariably have to come into fairly close contact with other people. How do you police these rules and where is the dividing line. I know it might be hard for some people to accept as their personal situation maybe perfectly OK but the only way to deal with this for all things to be equal and if this means we can't fish for a few weeks it is surely not the end of the world..... Its about time people started seeing big picture rather than the snap shot that directly impacts them. I am not entirely happy about things but if missing a few weeks now means we don't have to do this all again in 3 months time then so be it

missabite

Some big fisheries have already taken the decision to close for the month. Lindholm, Bradshaw, Alvechurch and Partridge are ones I know of.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm trying to keep them all together otherwise the forums will be full of the same debates and questions :)

Here's one part of the problem....

1604432872892.png

Just a little excerpt from two posts, nothing to do with the two posters as we're all guilty of it to some degree, but a lot of the arguments for fishing are based personally.
In the main most of us I suspect are sensible and keep our distancing, however, any decisions to allow or not allow angling will be based on the general perception of anglers as a whole, generally based on the worse cases not necessarily individual cases or the better sides.

I to have seen anglers before, during and after matches in groups forgetting about distancing, etc, on social media, including some who should have known better, and it's the minority that any restrictions will be based on to protect them, not the majority who don't need protecting.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
All the different threads on the same "can I go'" subject are a godsend to some.
It means that they can post on every one hoping that someone says yes. 😂😂

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The opening up of fishing will be done with certain restrictions, those will only effect certain people, eg. people who fish matches. So it is a personal based argument from me, as the restrictions likely won't effect me, I just want to fish where I usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.