LOCKDOWN UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Partridge Lakes closed from Thursday until further notice

nejohn

Site Supporter
it didn't take long for people to congregate around bivvies, in one peg around the shop/cafe, in the car park etc so all the good intentions will be out of the window with in hours.

If you saw this happening, what did you do? Were they within two metres of each other for 15 minutes?
Yes I saw it happening and yes they were within 2m of each other for far more than 15 mins......tell me if you saw it what would you do.....?
personally I thought they are on the other side of the lake to me and I won't be going anywhere near them so their ignorance will not affect me, so if they want to put themselves and their families at risk they were grown men and could make that decision for themselves. I went for a days fishing a few days after lockdown was lifted I saw that plus people gathering in the carpark....I had my days fishing but didn't go back and have not been back since.

Surely you are not suggesting it was my place to police a commercial fishery for social distancing, I would think that was the responsibility of either the people that for one reason or another chose not to social distance or it was the responsibility of the fishery owner to ensure everyone of his customers followed the guide lines.
I have also been on club waters where people have sat with their mates in one peg for a chat or stood talking in the carpark so if you are trying to say all anglers abide by the guidelines I think you need to take your head from out of the sand, what I am saying might not be popular but unfortunately it is true we have to take responsibility for our own actions and cannot abdicate this responsibility because we tell ourselves it doesn't happen......if a few of our number can't do what we are asked then unfortunately all of our number will have to do what we are told

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Fair enough. You hadn't explained the circumstances, and clearly there was little you could do.

stikflote

Site Supporter
watching news they say you can't play golf .so I don't think we will be able to go fishing.
And I don't think we should go either

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
AT said they are expecting full confirmation tomorrow. I'll go with whatever, but being that my main fishing location is a 20+ acre gravel pit that I've had to myself the last few times I've visited, and is half a mile off the road, I can't think there are too many dangers on a personal note.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Golf is a completely different scenario to fishing so has little relevance in my book

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
All speculation.... wait for the AT Directive tomorrow and argue the toss then...

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
watching news they say you can't play golf .so I don't think we will be able to go fishing.
And I don't think we should go either
What’s your thinking on that one pal ? Upsetting other sports that can’t go ahead ? Sitting in the middle of nowhere fishing and enjoying nature can’t be that dangerous can it ?

Silver fan 82

I was due to go on Thursday (great timing I know). If we are allowed to fish then I'll still go, if not then a lazy day at home I guess.
As others on here have said it's OK for me to go to the supermarket where despite best efforts social distancing is nigh on impossible. Its OK for me to drop off and pick my kids up from school among the hoards of other parents but I can't sit alone beside a lake minding my own business?
Let's just hope we get the go ahead hey?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
How many actually sit in the middle of nowhere though and how can you guarantee there will be no others around them?
First bit of bad weather and most anglers won't bother going this time of year anyway.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Its not dangerous playing.golf either but govt say.no.golf

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Its not dangerous playing.golf either but govt say.no.golf
Golf involves a club house is the difference I reckon.
How many actually sit in the middle of nowhere though and how can you guarantee there will be no others around them?
First bit of bad weather and most anglers won't bother going this time of year anyway.

Depends what you call around you really. Plenty of people walk past me well over 2 metres away all the time when I’m fishing but they don’t linger save for the odd angler but they’ve all distanced this year. I wouldn’t call that people around me in the way that they are at work, in the pub or in the shops. On the weather point provided the rivers in reasonable nick and it’s not hammering it down or blowing a Gale I’ll still go if allowed. Weather looks good for the first couple weeks of lockdown which probably means fishing will be banned 😂

Keith Sparky

Fair enough. You hadn't explained the circumstances, and clearly there was little you could do.
I think I fish some of the same places as John and yes both the match lads and bivvy lads were ignoring social distancing....just watch the you tube match fishing blogs and social distancing is non existant......no doubt there are lots of well run matches but the rise in case's across the country is because we all know examples where distancing is not observed

Silver fan 82

I don't know about others Lee but I don't fish commercials these days. I can garuntree that the club lakes this time of year during the week will be dead. Plus I'm abit of an anti social beggar when I'm fishing so if by chance others were fishing I'd set up well away as per usual.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
That's part of it for me too, I put myself in more danger at work, that does not cancel out the risk of going fishing but I think the fishing risk is fairly minimal so I will be happy to go if allowed. I thought the same during the first lockdown and nothing has changed for me. I went fishing as soon as we were allowed last time.

Rick123

Site Supporter
You're allowed to have exercise everyday, so for me this my fishing and I'll go if allowed or its uncertain. Golf is different as a club house is normally involved, and meeting others. Fishing can be a solitary event and I feels that's ok. I'd get some bait tomorrow or buy it online, easy done nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.