LOCKDOWN UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The AT said more definitive info will be available on Weds... wait til tomorrow... any other info is speculation at best, or hearsay/rumour... wait till the AT make a solid statement on the issue just to be sure

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In the last lockdown the unofficial guide was that you didn't drive for a longer time than you were going to spend at the destination. I know this primarily was about exercise but if fishing isn't banned, will it be covered the same?
How do you work that out when I can just about hit North Cornwall in 5-6hours ?

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
Keep saying I am going to check out parts of the local little river roding that are free to fish and seem to support plenty of heron further down, so must be fish in there. Will be staying away from any commercials whatever the verdict.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Simply the Bread
Site Supporter
Back on't posh dole as of Thursday. River Aire on flood alert. 🙏🏻 for the first frost so I can find a stretch of canal far away from anyone else for some winter punch fishing.

JayD

My licence expires on the 10th Nov, not sure yet whether to renew now, or wait and see what happens.

John.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I'm thinking you are allowed to do exercise on your own. Now if you're too old to run about, fishing would be allowed I honestly believe. I'm going anyway until I'm told to stop, Its not clear. But I'll buy bait tomorrow and freeze some, like dead maggots.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As it stands at the moment there is no clear cut guidance to say you can or can't go but the assumption is you can but not to venture far from home.
In other words don't pass fourteen other fisheries to get to one in another county just because you prefer it :)

As soon as we know anything for definite we will post it
But Dave, I live in south Yorkshire, I pass 14 fisheries to get to the corner shop. 😆. This is what I keep telling my mate who is adament he's going to the Trent this weekend. Knowing him he'll bivvy up somewhere.
Patience my friends, patience :)
But what Sharron on Facebook says is ....... 🤣🤣

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Keep saying I am going to check out parts of the local little river roding that are free to fish and seem to support plenty of heron further down, so must be fish in there. Will be staying away from any commercials whatever the verdict.
Thats my neck o the woods that is... my 2 clubs have stretches of the Roding... 2 past Passingford Bridge and 1 in Ongar

Rick123

Site Supporter
20 minutes to the Trent for me Dave, it my closest place.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The thing is the information put out at the weekend gives a clear position as to where we are at as a country.
It also says where we want to be.

So for the sake of four weeks more I can't see any logical reason to get knickers in a twist, get wound up, look for loopholes, or not to just get on with it and accept it for what it is.

At the end of the four weeks if everyone does as they're asked and we're still in the same position, or worse, we can blame the science.
However I can't see the idiots towing the line this time either, but it is what it is.

Knfruitbat

Site Supporter
Most of the Roding up to the past Buckhurst hill to the Abridge stretch and in Redbridge is free to fish. Just got to get to it, in places reeds or brambles above your head.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thats exactly why they should make it as simple as possible, ban being outside full stop!! ban all sports, have a national curfew between set hours, make the fines large so they hurt.

people are already saying (and always have been) "but i only do xyz by myself so i should be allowed" or "but i do not fish with others just by myself" or "can i hit a golf ball in the park but not on a golf course?" or "but he is doing it so i should be doing it" or "its not fair, that rule shouldnt apply to me"

national rules which are simply and publish the rules for the things you are allowed to do, if the explicit rule does not allow it then you are banned from doing it, removes all the grey areas, much easier having 10 rules for things that you can do and then say everything else is banned than having 1000 rules for things that are banned!!!!

The thing is the information put out at the weekend gives a clear position as to where we are at as a country.
It also says where we want to be.

So for the sake of four weeks more I can't see any logical reason to get knickers in a twist, get wound up, look for loopholes, or not to just get on with it and accept it for what it is.

At the end of the four weeks if everyone does as they're asked and we're still in the same position, or worse, we can blame the science.
However I can't see the idiots towing the line this time either, but it is what it is.

nejohn

Site Supporter
My view is if the government are saying that golf, tennis etc are not allowed then I can not see how fishing can be .....I know we can say but I go on my own and I don't come into contact with anyone else, but stop fooling yourselves as when the last lockdown was lifted we all said the same ....however what really happened was even though people went on their own and set up in a peg on their own it didn't take long for people to congregate around bivvies, in one peg around the shop/cafe, in the car park etc so all the good intentions will be out of the window with in hours. Personally I can find a spot on the Monnow or a lake on the top of the Brecon Beacons that I can say without any fear that I will not see another person if I stay on the bank for a week, however I am neither stupid nor selfish so I do not expect to have a different rule for me as to a guy that fishes his local commie, it would be impossible to police and control a rule that said you are ok to fish only if you can tick certain boxes. Much more sensible to say no fishing at all then there is no ambiguity.
All that said I live in Wales and we come out of lockdown next week and idiot Dripford has stated there will be no travel restrictions inside wales but we are banned from leaving the country and no English can come in, also all shops are to open as normal and it is OK for groups of 15 people to meet indoors if it is an organised event, pubs and restaurants to also open but may be subject to additional restrictions......you couldn't make it up, he just seems to wait for the UK government to say something then he does the exact opposite......when Boris said he really didn't want a full UK lockdown the Welsh locked Wales down ....When the UK government announced a lockdown the Welsh lifted it .......I really wish they would stop playing games

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
A bit surprising that IT shops are considered non-essential, especially as almost all government organisations encourage the public to do everything online, as do banks.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
it didn't take long for people to congregate around bivvies, in one peg around the shop/cafe, in the car park etc so all the good intentions will be out of the window with in hours.

If you saw this happening, what did you do? Were they within two metres of each other for 15 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.