Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Angling Trust​

Just now ·

LOCKDOWN UPDATE - The Angling Trust is pleased that the government has recognised the value of allowing angling and other forms of outdoor recreation to continue - with members of your own household or with one other individual - through next month’s lockdown. It seems that tackle shops will still be able to operate a ‘click and collect’ service. So we are still fishing.
Whilst we need to see the precise details in the regulations laid before Parliament on Monday it is likely there will be impacts on certain areas of our sport and we will update everybody just as soon as we are able to do so.

Thanks for your patience

Arch

Site Supporter
This opens up an interesting question. As of Friday gone, I couldn't fish the Trent in Nottinghamshire because of them being in tier 3. Can I now fish in Nottinghamshire due to the AT message above ??

Edit;
Just to be clear, I won't be fishing in Nottinghamshire in the near future because I don't think it's right I do that.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
This opens up an interesting question. As of Friday gone, I couldn't fish the Trent in Nottinghamshire because of them being in tier 3. Can I now fish in Nottinghamshire due to the AT message above ??

Logically, i'd guess a national lockdown overrides all the tier nonsense, perhaps @Dave could get the AT folks to clarify.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I would say that the Tiers stay in place until the lockdown commences.

Flathead

Site Supporter

Edit;
Just to be clear, I won't be fishing in Nottinghamshire in the near future because I don't think it's right I do that.
But they are also advising against travel except under a few circumstances...it all needs clarifying

Keith Sparky

Sorry to keep being pedantic but which "The Government" is the Angling Trust actually talking to ? Does this apply to whole of UK or just England. Our issue in Wales is not that Angling is prohibited but driving to exercise is prohibited which closes down most fishing...that`s what happened in first national UK lockdown.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I understand the AT is talking to both the UK government and the Welsh devolved government

Keith Sparky

I really hope all of the UK gets to a place where we have the same restrictions in place. I am pretty hopeful we will be allowed to fish but we will need to continue to travel to and from venues alone or within household bubbles but I fear that matches will be a casualty.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why do people need to be lead by the hand all the time ? If you are only allowed to travel for essential reasons then it stands to reason you can't go fishing !

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...however if fishing is allowed then it has to be assumed that some travel would be allowed within reason, unless stated otherwise.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
My 'main' club is in Corwen, Wales. I live in Cheshire and haven't been allowed to fish there.
'edit' Cheshire sounds posher than Greater Manchester ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.