LOCKDOWN UPDATE - LATEST

rudd

Site Supporter
Was doing viewings at a property in Handsworth.

Me - "It has a good location close to the motorway"
Viewers - "Yes, blud! Perfect if you work in London"

Problem is for me, I will still be asked to do work by letting agents who will be working from home, if I turn them down I risk damaging my business so a catch 22.
Catch 22 more preferable than a catch 19 😂😂😂

Silver fan 82

I agree I don’t think you should pigeonhole them unless a clear difference can be shown. Like it think it’s fairly obvious that rugby is more risky than golf whereas golf being more risky than fishing whilst possible is more of a stretch.

Tbh the leisure activities ban is one thing but limiting people to leaving their house once a day when the risk is now proven tiny outside is a bit much but I guess it is what it is. Bit too cold out now anyway 😉
Yeah true mate. I suppose some leisure activities are more risky. I would agree that fishing would be low risk but still I see people fishing together, not distancing etc.

JR Hartley

Just think if we all knuckle down, stay at home control this poxy virus, get the jab we maybe able to enjoy the new season after all it’s cold it’s wet and fishing isn’t fantastic at the moment. If we all pull together we may just get back to the sport we love without any interruptions

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
Always surprised to see people with this attitude especially with a daily death toll of over 500 , many people not being able to work and on their knees financially, I even see it on Facebook from people I know and quite honestly I don't feel the inclination to want to speak to them when we come out of this.
At least with this lockdown even if it is for 6 weeks we can see an end coming.
Hence I deleted Facebook. One hand folks saying fake news/conspiracy theories. On the other hand three colleagues have lost a family member 😐

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
So the answer is what?
Your not wrong, alot of people will never take it seriously until someone they know catches the virus.
I don’t disagree with the need for a lockdown, I just don’t think some will ever follow the rules regardless. What’s the answer? I don’t know truth be told but they could try Bigger fines, community service for repeat offenders? Perhaps even the community service could be in relation to the COVID-19 effort (delivering or arranging aid etc.)

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
North Yorkshire was one of the lowest rates in the region before Christmas - then all the idiots went Christmas shopping there as they could buy lunch and a drink, etc. They're now the highest infection rate in the region and rapidly rising - people took the virus with them when they went from T3 areas.
Also I heard from a reliable source of people in London trying to book accommodation in York for Xmas ffs.
It's madness Dave, people seem more concerned with what they can or can't do with regards the rules rather than what they should or shouldn't do to contribute to reducing the spread of the virus. Even my dad, 74 yrs old living in Poland, phoned me Christmas day and was shocked that I wasn't spending the day at my sister's place, 'I read on the BBC website that you were allowed to do that' he said, I'm not sure corona reads the same rules ;)

Angling Trust

RSS Feed
We need to await tomorrow’s publication of the regulations necessary to enact this evenings announcement on a national lockdown by the Prime Minister. We will take professional advice and carefully review what they mean for angling and then publish guidelines for anglers, clubs, fisheries and all associated with our industry. We have spent today lobbying Cabinet members for outdoor recreational activities to remain specifically permitted and are disappointed that this may not be the case. We will publish an update here and on the Covid section of our website.
We will be extremely busy working on this and request that at this stage you do not contact with individual questions. Thank you.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Always surprised to see people with this attitude especially with a daily death toll of over 500 , many people not being able to work and on their knees financially, I even see it on Facebook from people I know and quite honestly I don't feel the inclination to want to speak to them when we come out of this.
At least with this lockdown even if it is for 6 weeks we can see an end coming.

Meh I did see your reply, Though it was deleted just like a comment I made.... However, It's possible you deleted that one and not a mod.

I'm not against lockdown, More the fact I see it as rather pointless because nothing is being enforced simply put.

I'll assume my post was deleted by a mod for being 'political' but now that post is gone I basically look like someone who doesn't care about others wellbeings, or someone who doesn't follow the rules set in place and that simply isn't true. I have and will continue to follow just about every rule laid out to me. I just don't believe this lockdown is going to help unless rules are enforced and things change after the lockdown ends.

We'll see I guess.

Connor

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah true mate. I suppose some leisure activities are more risky. I would agree that fishing would be low risk but still I see people fishing together, not distancing etc.
Yeah seen it myself, just makes you think do these people not have a brain! I guess the reality is that provided they don’t literally sit on top of each other for hours then realistically they aren’t going to catch it out in the fresh air just occasionally standing too close but it’s not hard to just keep your distance is it. It’s about getting in the right mindset as much as anything.

People that wind me the most are those that open doors, pick their shopping, push their trolley around etc then start playing on their phone with their now potentially virusy hands then take their mask off with said virusy hands then stick it screwed up in their pocket all virusy ready for putting on their face the next time then contaminate their car keys as well all without sanitising at any point. I just watch them in disbelief. Like are they thick or do they not think or do they not care? It’s beggars belief what goes on.

Its numpties like that spreading it not your neighbour that walks the dog twice a day but unfortunately there’s no way of legislating for stupid 😢

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Meh I did see your reply, Though it was deleted just like a comment I made.... However, It's possible you deleted that one and not a mod.

I'm not against lockdown, More the fact I see it as rather pointless because nothing is being enforced simply put.

I'll assume my post was deleted by a mod for being 'political' but now that post is gone I basically look like someone who doesn't care about others wellbeings, or someone who doesn't follow the rules set in place and that simply isn't true. I have and will continue to follow just about every rule laid out to me. I just don't believe this lockdown is going to help unless rules are enforced and things change after the lockdown ends.

We'll see I guess.

Connor
I didn't delete my reply a mod must have deleted both our posts, I don't think the lockdown is pointless ,they have gone a lot stricter with this lock down, if you read the link Dave put up, they have also increased the fines quite a bit, I like to be positive and think when the lockdown ends the benefit of the vaccine rollout will have kicked in.

rudd

Site Supporter
We need to await tomorrow’s publication of the regulations necessary to enact this evenings announcement on a national lockdown by the Prime Minister. We will take professional advice and carefully review what they mean for angling and then publish guidelines for anglers, clubs, fisheries and all associated with our industry. We have spent today lobbying Cabinet members for outdoor recreational activities to remain specifically permitted and are disappointed that this may not be the case. We will publish an update here and on the Covid section of our website.
We will be extremely busy working on this and request that at this stage you do not contact with individual questions. Thank you.
😕 If the AT do not back a full lockdown they will lose any credibility gained so far across the non angling general public.
Students cannot do their exams this year, children cannot go to school, the vulnerable cannot go outside, leople cannot go to work, businesses cannot open.
FFS AT - do the right thing and back the full lockdown 😐

rudd

Site Supporter
I didn't delete my reply a mod must have deleted both our posts, I don't think the lockdown is pointless ,they have gone a lot stricter with this lock down, if you read the link Dave put up, they have also increased the fines quite a bit, I like to be positive and think when the lockdown ends the benefit of the vaccine rollout will have kicked in.
Mine went into self isolation 😂😂😂

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s certainly more of a sport than driving around in circles...at least with fishing the bloke with the best kit doesn’t always win 😉
The recent gov publication basically defines exercise and prohibits recreation.
In the last lockdown angling was classified as recreation which is why we were allowed to fish yet golfers couldn't play golf as that was classed as sport

lp1886

Site Supporter
The recent gov publication basically defines exercise and prohibits recreation.
In the last lockdown angling was classified as recreation which is why we were allowed to fish yet golfers couldn't play golf as that was classed as sport
Golf is just a walk where you occasional have to hit a ball. 😂