LOCKDOWN UPDATE - LATEST

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Tbh there are loonies at both ends of the spectrum, the doomsayers and rule breakers are just as unhelpful as each other. Not saying there are any of either on here just saying that both types of people are out there and neither attitude is necessary.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
North Yorkshire was one of the lowest rates in the region before Christmas - then all the idiots went Christmas shopping there as they could buy lunch and a drink, etc. They're now the highest infection rate in the region and rapidly rising - people took the virus with them when they went from T3 areas.
Also I heard from a reliable source of people in London trying to book accommodation in York for Xmas ffs.

Silver fan 82

North Yorkshire was one of the lowest rates in the region before Christmas - then all the idiots went Christmas shopping there as they could buy lunch and a drink, etc. They're now the highest infection rate in the region and rapidly rising - people took the virus with them when they went from T3 areas.
Also I heard from a reliable source of people in London trying to book accommodation in York for Xmas ffs.
This is why IMO we need this lockdown Dave. Lets just hope that people actually play by the book :unsure:

chris1967

Site Supporter
Tbh there are loonies at both ends of the spectrum, the doomsayers and rule breakers are just as unhelpful as each other. Not saying there are any of either on here just saying that both types of people are out there and neither attitude is necessary.
That comment is bang on the money bud (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
As much as I would still love to be able to go fishing I think this lockdown is what is needed. So we cant fish for a few weeks? Suck it up and deal with it! This is whats needed if we are going to get through this.
Tbh mate I don’t think it’s the ban itself that bothers people. Thinks it’s more that some people being helmets by doing blatantly dangerous things has resulted in the rest of us not being trusted to do all but completely safe things. And just knowing such helmets will continue to do stupid things whilst the rest of us are sat at home not able to even walk the dog twice a day does grate a bit.

johnfranks

Same happened down here. In North Hampshire we were tier2 and Berkshire was tier4 all the idiots came to Basingstoke for a meal and a pint, the result was we went into tier 4

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
A load of London bankers now live in York as its far cheaper to buy a nice property in York with train fairs and the odd hotel room in the city than to live in London full-time 😐

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The problem is if these idiots haven’t taken it seriously in the past 9 months it’s highly unlikely they will now..
That’s the bit that winds me up. I can’t even go for a jog then walk the dog yet some weapon will still be going round his mates house for a few beers and chances are will face no repercussions for it.

Silver fan 82

Tbh mate I don’t think it’s the ban itself that bothers people. Thinks it’s more that some people being helmets by doing blatantly dangerous things has resulted in the rest of us not being trusted to do all but completely safe things. And just knowing such helmets will continue to do stupid things whilst the rest of us are sat at home not able to even walk the dog twice a day does grate a bit.
Yeah I get that mate. But as in threads in the past on the same subject how can you pigeonhole certain leisure activities? Remember last time? I beleive golfers werent allowed to play golf but we were allowed to fish? Simple conclusion is a blanket ban. But you are always going to get helmets that do stupid things mate no matter what.

rudd

Site Supporter
Its so obvious how this virus spread so quickly - again.

I blame Brexit, Santa and Tony Blair 😳

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Literally sooooooooooooooo bored of this s**t. Just a f*cking joke at this point.
Always surprised to see people with this attitude especially with a daily death toll of over 500 , many people not being able to work and on their knees financially, I even see it on Facebook from people I know and quite honestly I don't feel the inclination to want to speak to them when we come out of this.
At least with this lockdown even if it is for 6 weeks we can see an end coming.

Silver fan 82

The problem is if these idiots haven’t taken it seriously in the past 9 months it’s highly unlikely they will now..
So the answer is what?
Your not wrong, alot of people will never take it seriously until someone they know catches the virus.

Zerkalo

Was doing viewings at a property in Handsworth.

Me - "It has a good location close to the motorway"
Viewers - "Yes, blud! Perfect if you work in London"

Problem is for me, I will still be asked to do work by letting agents who will be working from home, if I turn them down I risk damaging my business so a catch 22.

davylad

It's far from being a joke, just do your bit RRH. Of course things change, it's a pandemic ffs.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah I get that mate. But as in threads in the past on the same subject how can you pigeonhole certain leisure activities? Remember last time? I beleive golfers werent allowed to play golf but we were allowed to fish? Simple conclusion is a blanket ban. But you are always going to get helmets that do stupid things mate no matter what.
I agree I don’t think you should pigeonhole them unless a clear difference can be shown. Like it think it’s fairly obvious that rugby is more risky than golf whereas golf being more risky than fishing whilst possible is more of a stretch.

Tbh the leisure activities ban is one thing but limiting people to leaving their house once a day when the risk is now proven tiny outside is a bit much but I guess it is what it is. Bit too cold out now anyway 😉